searched and searched

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

user

searched and searched

Post by user »

first post, been looking around for months, got the bug.
when using a pneumatic press, do you think if a dense 1/2" rubber mat laid over the topsheet under the top press will help with solid pressure to the whole ski during pressing. i hope this was clear enough to understand
rockaukum

Post by rockaukum »

I had reason to use a mat simmular as you described. I was trying to press an uneven surface and it worked just fine. You would need to have a solid backing as the rubber would not offer a concistent pressure across the project without it. This make sense?
rockaukum
user

Post by user »

yes, i was just thinking instead of using the normal fire hose, i would use a two hydrolic rods to push the top mold down, but wasnt sure if not having anything under the top mold would be ok, i dont think is will give 100% pressure ya know?
rockaukum

Post by rockaukum »

If you have a fixed system for pressure down, I would think you would need an exact mold on bottom and matched with the top mold. Look at some of the cat trac systems used with air hoses and you will see how the pressure is evenly dispersed across the whole mold.
rockaukum