compressor choice?

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

scottychop

compressor choice?

Post by scottychop »

Just starting to plan out my press build, and wondering what kinds of compressors you are using? Will small pancake compressors burn out quick? Tight budget...you know the drill?

Scott
rockaukum

Post by rockaukum »

I would think you would be fine with that provided you have a good seal on the bladders. I have beeen using a cambell hussfield (?) compreesor and have had no problems yet. CH aren't the best products but will work okay under general use. In theory, you are just filling the bladder (fire hose) and as long as it holds the pressure the compressor is done.
rockaukum
Greg

Post by Greg »

Pretty much any compressor will do. As rockalum said, just make sure you eliminate the leaks, especially if your compressor has a small tank. In my case, I paid so little for my compressor that letting it burn itself out really isn't much of a monetary issue. One thing you do need to remember though is to drain the water that accumulates in the tank after every pair of skis. Mine usually gets a few cups of water in it after one pair of skis.

Check craigslist if you want a cheap and functional compressor.