Where are you based?

For discussions related to ski/snowboard construction/design methods and techniques.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

criticul

Where are you based?

Post by criticul »

Hi all,
I have been looking into building my own skis for a while now. I finally have the oppertunity to for a year long senior project. I have a lot of questions and was wondering where all of you are based. One tenant of my project is a mentor. I live in central massachusetts and if anyone is willing to help me and possibly be my mentor that would be great.
mattman

Post by mattman »

I am located at UNH (durham, NH)...might be kinda close. Next fall is the beginning of my senior year and I am considering doing a ski as my senior project. Or I might do research to start early on my masters, thus far I am undecided. I would be willing to offer what help I can, but we typically focus on cap skis with a heated vacuum bag process...not sidewalls with a vertical press process (as is typically practiced on the site). Its just what I prefer and trust for various reasons.
bostonski

Post by bostonski »

Im located on the south shore but I don't know enough to be a mentor...still waiting to press my first pair
uni412

Post by uni412 »

I live in Rhode Island and have built a pair and could help you if you needed it. But I'm only a senior in highschool so I wouldn't really be a "mentor".
teleman36

Post by teleman36 »

I am in Worcester Mass. have made a bunch of skis that have not fallen apart yet. Have been working with my 28 year old son, as well as my daughters boy friend which has been fun and actually beneficial to me, as I found out that to teach one must first get a a very solid grip on many of the processes and potential problems. PM me if you would like to come by my shop.