Gear at the mountain

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

King_of_the_Hill

Gear at the mountain

Post by King_of_the_Hill »

I'm gonna test my first pair in februari in Tignes but has anyone got tips on what to bring onto the mountain? (Ducktape is standard issue) and what to bring to the appartment?
Assumption is the base of all f*ck ups
plywood

Re: Gear at the mountain

Post by plywood »

you might need some trust in your workmannship! ;)

well...for the appartment: maybe some fast curing epoxy and screws if you really want to fix probable delamination issiues in tip and tail... i think this would be the only "on spot" repairable problem... and maybe the most likely one too
plywood freeride industries - go ply, ride wood!
krp8128

Post by krp8128 »

2nd pair of skis.

If you've got them, your homebuilts will blow your mind. If you don't, your homebuilts will blow up.

Murphy's law
Greg

Post by Greg »

I'll second that... Bring an extra pair of skis.

My 5th day on the Bremallows... It was deep powder, I hit a stump that was hidden, the tail of the ski hit me in the back of the leg while my boots were still firmly in the bindings... then both edges popped off.

Fortunately, I had an extra pair in the car and was able to "Harvest Pow" the rest of the afternoon. :)
Idris

Post by Idris »

Clamps and Araldite rapid.....a few packs and a few clamps should take care of most things.

A drill to remount your bindings if you aren't sure of your boot center and or don't have movable bindings. Our early Bro model prototypes were mounted 6 inches (150mm) from where the sweet spot was. No rental binding moves that far.
rockaukum

Post by rockaukum »

Attitude! These are yours! They will work great! Congrats! and let us know how they / you did.
rockaukum
chaka

Post by chaka »

Yeah!! trust in your work.
I have tested my homebuilts (4 pairs) this winter for the first time. The first day I was very anxious and nervous. But I have used them a lot til now and they work great; no delamination, good performance...
RIDE WITH PRIDE
King_of_the_Hill

Post by King_of_the_Hill »

Thanks guys!
The production is going steadialy i'm probably going press them (with an autoclave!) some where in the next two weeks
Assumption is the base of all f*ck ups