re-beginning

Document your personal work here. Show photos, movies, and share your secrets.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

alexisg1

Post by alexisg1 »

Hy everyone !

Some more pics :

with dynafit bindings, they are 2,2 kilos each...not bad ! as light as my salomon 1080, but much wider !

"made in my garage"...inspired by the "not made in China" tag of the Bangers&Mash

After preparation, the base is really nice. Edges too, but some little holes between edges and bases prove that the finishing of bases, edges bending and glueing is really important !

wooden sidewalls. I'll have to protect them with a layer of epoxy

Now Trip Report !

I used them for the first time yesterday, with a bunch of friends. During this trip, we drove a guy who "lost" his legs in an avalanche to the top of the mountain in order to ski it down in a "ski-chair" (?). Check it out here : http://www.skitour.fr/sorties/chamechau ... tml#sortie

Well, on the top, hard pack snow was not easy to ski as the bindings were not well adjusted and tip is 135 wide. But still, brand new edges performed perfectly. 19m meter radius is perhaps too short for such a hard ski...
On the bottom, the ski slope was pretty flat and the skis carved perfectly in big big turns: versy stable, very fast, very great :D
We found some powder in the middle of the slope, not much, but sufficient to see that the flex is perfect ! It's floating over the snow as the tip is pretty smooth, but it's rigid under the boots and so it gives lots of response/feedback.

To sum up, I love this skis, thank you all for helping :D
alexisg1

Post by alexisg1 »

Hello every-one, this is a new pair, from this last week-end.

It's particular because the woodcore has been painted, and texte was ink printed on silk paper. Very nice :D

On tip and tails, we have put aluminium reinforcements and in order to make them bond (even if they have been sand blasted), we covered them with VDS rubber.

Idris

Post by Idris »

Very nice work ;)
Skierguy

Post by Skierguy »

Wow it looks like they turned out great. What type of paint did you use for the core? Did you have any problems with bonding after painting the core?
That was one of my more spectacular Da Dunt, Da Dunts� Aaron McGovern �Focused
alexisg1

Post by alexisg1 »

hei,

thx for the comments.

We used acrylic paint, and actually, the water contained in the paint make the fiber of the wood goinga little bit out of the core. I mean it makes it more rough and improves bonding.
So it's only good :)

However you then have to use FB and no carbon ar anything else that is not transparent. We don't know either how it looks like when you use a topsheet.

We'll probably give it a try soon.
alexisg1

Post by alexisg1 »

Here's the third pair, including basalt fibers and carbon. In these skis, a hole was made in the wood copre to fill in with foam.
Design is closed from Trab skis in order to make it easier (and lighter !) to use skins.
One ski is 1,4 kilos (without bindings). The aim for future porogress is to analyse the behaviour of the different skis and try to make them lighter.

no test for the moment.