BASE MOLD DRAWINGS

For non-commerical sales of materials, equipment, and resources related to ski/snowboard building

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

mwburchmore@gmail.com

BASE MOLD DRAWINGS

Post by mwburchmore@gmail.com »

Hey there,
This site is awesome! I have worked in the laminate/ski/hockey stick industry for quite some time- i am looking at building a Ski mold and was wondering if anyone has drawings for the camber and shape required for a 184 cm base mold?

I am looking at using some new materials for skis that will be destined for Alpine tourning and Big mountain decents.

Best regards,
mikeB
krp8128

Post by krp8128 »

I have a solidworks model of my adjustable mold. I've been doing 172cm skis, but it should go to 185 fine. I could prob convert to .pdf as well, let me know.
mwburchmore@gmail.com

Mold Drawings...

Post by mwburchmore@gmail.com »

Any drawings would be apprechiated- PDF would be awesome-

We have a couple of CORE, Glass and laminate companies up here who supply the Ski and hockey industrys- I am looking at building some molds and testing some new techical materials includind ceramics and carbon socks wraps- we also are looking at building some composite cores and using micro balloons in our resin systems to reduce the final weight of the skis we build.

Those PDF s would be awesome- Also if anyone can give me insight as to how you calculate your core dimensions- what is the shrinkage after the actual ski cures?

Please send all you have to : mwburchmore@gmail.com

I will keep in touch with all who contribute( and all who dont!!) i want to share it is the best way to build better products.

Ciao
mikeb
skidesmond

Base Mold Drawings

Post by skidesmond »

I know this post is old. I hope it's still be followed but I too am looking into building an adjustable mold for skis that will work for 160cm - 180 or 185 cm. I'm trying to work through a design now but would love to skip the trial and error steps ;) . The camber will be consistent for all lengths. Well if I get one that works out I'll post how I did it.
skidesmond

Base Mold Drawings

Post by skidesmond »

I found a simple adjustable mold on the website here, http://www.skibuilders.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=91

As for the camber being consistent, ie 10-12 mm camber for all lengths of skis from a 155 - 180 cm, that is more of a challenge than I want to handle at the moment. To keep a 10-12 mm camber for all lengths will be a future project.