Teaching Success

Document your personal work here. Show photos, movies, and share your secrets.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

hadley

Teaching Success

Post by hadley »

I just wanted to give some thanks where it is deserved. I am a Woodshop teacher in Washington and am teaching ski / snowboard building to a few highly motivated students this year. It has been my first year really getting into building skis. I built two sets this year. One is posted as the raven ark's on this site. I have had three students build complete snow boards this year. I also have a set of student skis nearly ready to press. The various mistakes the students have made are going to allow them to really check out the results of their work. None of this would have been possible without this site. One student wants to do this as his senior project. They are all toying with the idea of how this could become a career. They are really enjoying the engineer mind. All 120 of my have gotten to see this project happen. It has gained a lot of interest. They already have a great deal of interest in building in advance of next season.

When you do something really bad they send you to jail. When you do something really good that results in futures being changed for ever where do they send you??? Just thought you should know. Thanks!!!

Hadley
alloyguitar

Post by alloyguitar »

Glad to hear it!

This is EXACTLY what I wish my highschool had when I was growing up.
doughboyshredder

Post by doughboyshredder »

AWESOME

And, also big big props to the guys that started this site up.

You Rock!!!!!
sammer

Post by sammer »

"When you do something really bad they send you to jail. When you do something really good that results in futures being changed for ever where do they send you???"

hopefully home for the summer break. Only to do it all over again next year. Congratulations, i wish there were more teachers like you.

sam
You don't even have a legit signature, nothing to reveal who you are and what you do...

Best of luck to you. (uneva)