new board, new press, new stoke :)

Document your personal work here. Show photos, movies, and share your secrets.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

did some simple flex testing, ;)

this thing can beennnnnnd, and it has TONS of pop:

Doug
rockaukum

Post by rockaukum »

Looks good! All that you need now is the white stuff!
rockaukum
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

just built our first Blak Sheep prototype with our own sublimated graphics.

heater wasnt working so well.
After about an hour and it wasnt heating up by feel, i shut off the bag and checked the probe, it was pushed in to where the board materials were, and iit got kinda crushed.

No problem, so i reset it and inflated the bag again. Turned heat up to 220 just to be sure. Sorry I'm kinda buzzed from beers and my spelling is wack.
Anyway, it never really got HOT but seemed warm, and the resin coming out the press was kicked. So after like 2 hous I pulled it. And found this...

Keep your probe off any parts of the heat blanket where the press may crush it into the blanket. Looks like something else also cut into the blanket I'm not sure what.

Anyway so everything prior to the cut was RED HOT. The board came out fine except it's got like 1.5inch of camber to it, crazy, so i have the heat blanket, erm, half heat blanket, over top of it trying to keep the top warm hoping it will sag some.

ANYBODY PRESSING ONE SKI AT A TIME THAT WANTS A 16"....ERM...8" WIDE HEAT BLANKET??? Everything prior to the cut in the photo works fine. I'd sell this thing for mad cheap, i need a new one NOW NOW NOW>

Its a good thing i had a few beers, this is kindof a setback for us at the moment :(.

oh well, you live you learn, please learn from my mistakes ;).
Doug
allyson

Post by allyson »

bummer about your heat blanket, but the boards look great. motivates me to want to try a board myself this winter... keep up the good work!
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

thanks!!

here's the latest...

Doug
bobbyrobie

Post by bobbyrobie »

doug those graphics look great how did you do them?
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

um how long is the fugged heat blanket? i will take it. One ski at a time. Got my electrial engineer guys working on a controler.
So it only works half width?
Send me a pm
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

graphics are sublimated onto white, isocap i believe.

we also have a "metal flake" topsheet style that we sublimated onto, these look even sicker!!!
Doug
doughboyshredder

Post by doughboyshredder »

Your boards are looking good. You might be able to repair that blanket. Carefully shave back the silicone where the damage is to expose the wire inside and then you might be able to solder the wires back together. Then repair the damaged silicone with rtv high temp gasket sealant.

worth a try.
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

they told me to try barrel clamps. The solder may melt off once the thing is heated up, the heat element has to hit much higher temps to get the blanket up to temperature.

BH thermal was strongly suggesting we not do it, they're scared we're gonna burn the place down, but yea i think its possible, we just have to find the breaks and fill the holes, then figure out a better way to protect it.

thanks ;)
Doug