Ski Haus ski builders

Document your personal work here. Show photos, movies, and share your secrets.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

also with that combo, you get way more time than you need for layup, and 45minutes at 180
Doug
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

I had the piggy sticks up Friday at stevens in the rain, and then again Sunday in the park at Central. They are a BLAST. I thought they were going to be stiffer than I wanted, but the tails are perfect. I think the tips could be slightly softer for powder (but I won't really know until next season, sadly).

Tail presses are SO easy on these skis, you just sit back, get right up on the tails and cruise along.

It looks like I'm having some delam issues where the top sheet sits on the sidewalls. Damn p-tex sidewalls, I don't want to do wood sidewalls, but the p-tex is such a bitch to get to bond right.
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

Newest Ski Haus ski.

I have a thread about this in the Design forum also...

It was an experiment with vacuum bagging AND putting it in the press, to try to get a cap construction ski. When I did test pieces it worked, the full ski didn't work. Might have better luck with the 2nd ski, but my next pair I'm just going to do wood sidewalls.

A few pictures...

webboy

Post by webboy »

Maybe I'm just tired but in that last pic those all look like snowblades. Maybe it's your lens? Strange...
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

webboy wrote:Maybe I'm just tired but in that last pic those all look like snowblades. Maybe it's your lens? Strange...
It's just cause some of them (like these new ones) are very very fat ;)
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

So the first Piggy Sticks I made, I did back in the spring, so I only got 4 days on them on spring snow/groomers.

Today I took them up to Baker for my first day on them in powder, and holy crap... what a world of difference from my other powder skis. The reverse camber is awesome for powder, I don't have to lean back at all, can almost lean forward and I still stay on top. They are so smooth and effortless... I just want more!!!
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

Piggy Sticks v2.0 up at Alpental today, pretty epic day, despite the fact that its April! Had lots of deep snow, and some pretty big drops. The skis are SOOO much fun in this snow.

KevyWevy

Post by KevyWevy »

the same day at alpental. :)

twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

woohoo!!!

I need to get some pictures of the grinder up on here. Just found out I can grind our edges on it (has a fence to run the ski at 90deg, I didn't realize what the fence was for because it was separated from the machine), and the only other one I can find online is one that was for sale in the Czech republic last year for approx $1000 usd.

Best purchase ever.