Switzerland bound

For non-commerical sales of materials, equipment, and resources related to ski/snowboard building

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

westbygodvirginia

Switzerland bound

Post by westbygodvirginia »

Switzerland bound:

I’m attempting to plan a trip to Berne, Switzerland late December to early January (perhaps 12/26/08-1/3/09). I’m heading solo so is there anyone out there that would want to meet up to ride? I’m planning to meet w/ Lukas Maurer of Kaiman Snowboards and attend his board building workshop from the 27th to the 29th then ride the remainder of the time. I’m from West Virginia, USA (home resort is Snowshoe) and this is my first trip to Europe so any insight that anyone can give me will be greatly appreciated. Please reply to this post if you’d want to meet up or even help plan the trip if you’re from the U.S.
Thanks,
Patrick
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

sick man. You're going to switzerland to get better at making boards? That's dedication!

IF I get to go to Germany, I start 1/1/09, however that's all up in the air.
Hoping to catch some beers or chairs with Dan Graf if possible. It will be a hike but i've driven far longer for far less ;).

If I go, I'm going to FedEx/ups some product out with me :), along with a month's supply of non perishible groceries, hahaha.
Doug
westbygodvirginia

yeah,
i've been screwing around and not traveling for far too long...and every board i build gets a little better and i get a little more stoked. i'm hoping this will put me over the top in my board building skills. keep me posted on whether or not you're going to be over there. i guess Lukas does his finishing and grinding in Dan's shop so maybe we'll get to cross paths. that would be weird; couldn't link up in Minneapolis or the East Coast but meet in Europe? wow.
peace,
pk
plywood

Post by plywood »

if you met dan just notice me, i live pretty close to his home/workshop. i`m not building snowboards... but hey, just for the fun of it ;) and maybe for a little ride or so.
regards
plywood freeride industries - go ply, ride wood!
westbygodvirginia

keep you posted

i'll definitely keep you posted on the dates i'll be around. i really want to experience some Swiss backcountry so if you'll oblige i'll be very grateful.
thanks,
pk