microfiber adhesive filler + tip spacers?

For discussions related to ski/snowboard construction/design methods and techniques.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

jlutz05

microfiber adhesive filler + tip spacers?

Post by jlutz05 »

As the taper of my core rises there is substantial difference in my core height compared to the tip spacer material height.

I was thinking of cutting fiberglass to fill these voids, but i have been thinking it will take a lot precise cutting and also take away valuable epoxy cure time minutes during lay-up.

I have been considering using west system adhesive filler to thicken some epoxy and just smear it over the voids kind of like peanut butter. I think the filler is pretty much"powdered" fiber glass.

does anybody have any experience with this stuff or opinions on how it will work?

Oh and I will be using a vacuum bag for my press.
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

sand your core down to match your tip filler thickness

try to design so your core thickness taper ends/starts just prior to where your tip filler starts, so you can have relatively the same thickness.

i think adding stuff to epoxy is just going to cause bubbles/ripples, as your press thing will squish it away, even if its peanut butter like or putty like, maybe speaking of putty, try some wood putty?
Doug