White coat vs white pigment over base sublimation

For discussions related to ski/snowboard construction/design methods and techniques.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

hugocacola

White coat vs white pigment over base sublimation

Post by hugocacola »

i would like to ask you all what is your experiment or idea about instead of using white ink over a sublimated base grafik, use white pigment in the epoxy, anyone had tryed or know some post about it, because my eyes heart searching so much...

best regards
Yuki_otoko

Post by Yuki_otoko »

By this do you mean......
Sublimate the base with the graphic without a background, then lay up with pigment in the epoxy to give the background?

If this is the case then yes, I have tought about this too. Ive been looking at sublimation ink cartridges for inkjet printers. Print on iron-on paper, then heat press it. Of course being an inkjet printer the graphic would be either small, or made of more sheets.

I cant recall any threads, but did have some links to sublimation info (just have to find them at the moment)
hugocacola

Post by hugocacola »

This is my results

Its so cold hear that the ink still sticky

the main problem with sublimation is that the base warp alot and i just press with 130ºC for 30min lololol alot of time

the second was pressed 120ºC for 30 min

Another question about nazdar inks, i have some samples to experiment and i received ink/ctalyst/dyluent and i had read that the mxture is 4:1 right? but the ink is so viscous,is very hard to spread, need to eat a cow lolo, that is need add some dyluent to make more fluid or the dyluent is just to clean the screen??

i think ill go fo silkscreen metod to made the white coat...