333skis - Guy making skis out of a trailer

For discussions related to ski/snowboard construction/design methods and techniques.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

sammer

Post by sammer »

Oh ya, Michael Lish, as ghetto as they come. I thought he was long gone but I guess some things just really never go away. Cheap skis will always be around. Quick and dirty core profiling though... Guess his band saw died!

sam
You don't even have a legit signature, nothing to reveal who you are and what you do...

Best of luck to you. (uneva)
skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

I always thought the concept was a good but a little to ghetto on execution.
Jekul

Post by Jekul »

The guys has some interesting ideas that aren't always well implemented. He also has some bad ideas that are also poorly implemented!

I'll stick with building my own.
mtnson179

Post by mtnson179 »

I know this is a strange topic for a first post but that's just how it ended up.

I thought 333 Skis had all but disappeared too, but it turns out they have formed a new company called Community Skis and they now have an actual shop in Mammoth. I don't think I can post a link yet but if you google them, their site will come up. I believe they are having a grand opening tonight which I might attend just to see what they are all about.

I think they are still using all of the same equipment and processes which are a bit dubious. Strangely enough they do seem to successful. I will give a report on what their new setup looks like.
Jekul

Post by Jekul »

And he upped his price to $500 bones. That's on par with lots of cheap mass produced skis built with similar materials.

I wonder if www.500skis.com was already taken?