doughboy snowboards

Document your personal work here. Show photos, movies, and share your secrets.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

doughboyshredder

doughboy snowboards

Post by doughboyshredder »

www.doughboysnowboards.com

The site is up, and i am ready to build. Thanks again to this site and all that contribute.

Open house on the 22nd, if you are in the NW and want to stop by send me a mail from the site.
doughboyshredder

MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

noice. i thought rocker was a fad?
doughboyshredder

It is.

but sometimes there is something behind a fad. I still think that the way most companies are going about using rocker is nonsense. That is, I and a lot of the people I ride with do not want a loose feel underfoot and that's what having rocker under foot causes. Tip and tail rocker, is a whole different story. Believe it or not, I have drawings I did ten plus years ago with the sidecut extending up in to the tip and tail radius. Similar idea. What really sold me on the tip rocker is that it's showing up in world class racing.
rockaukum

Post by rockaukum »

D-
I'm with you on the tip and tail rocker. My skis were great in the fresh snow. As far as snowboards go... I have made two with the tip and tail rocker and both boys love it. I'm in the process of making another for a friend of my son and guess what??? Same design as for tip and tail rocker.
All the best on your endeavors!
ra
bobbyrobie

Post by bobbyrobie »

looks awesome doughboy, couldn't agree with you more on the underfoot rocker. rode one practically everyday last season, the most unstable board i have ever ridden.

on the tip and tail rocker. do you have a pre determined spot were you begin the rocker? curious how that works.
doughboyshredder

On the reaper I rockered it back to where the width of the board was the same as the tail width. So, weighted out the effective edge that is in contact with the snow is not tapered. Not sure if that matters at all. It's only rockered back about 10cm. I would love to play with that number, but I can't build nearly as many boards as I would like to. I used the same 10cm on the big twin. Pretty arbitrary number really, but it was influenced by what I saw happening on carving and race boards.