my latest work:

Document your personal work here. Show photos, movies, and share your secrets.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

thefreshpimpofbigair

my latest work:

Post by thefreshpimpofbigair »

Ive been drilling holes for too long, but am finally there. Just need to fabricate legs for it(today) and finish my painting.Will begin on the new molds tommorow. My two heat blankets (240v, 2400w 15x80) arrived yesterday. Will finish wiring tonight. I have one ski in the vac mold curing to finish the set for the girlfriend. Then I'll take it apart and make a crib profiler out of it. :D
Image[/url]
SEMPER LIBERTAS
thefreshpimpofbigair

Sorry. The computer is the tool I understand least.
pics at www.flickr.com/photos/rfa2009
Last edited by thefreshpimpofbigair on Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SEMPER LIBERTAS
KevyWevy

Post by KevyWevy »

you're flicker link doesn't work either, so here...

thats a great view from your workshop!

where did you find the I-beams?
thefreshpimpofbigair

thanks for the help..... The view is of the home mtn. Lifts are on the othe side. The Ibeams are 1/2 thick, 8"flange, 31lbs/ft. I got them at the steel yard a couple towns west. Working real hard... I gotta get her done before archery season starts next weekend.... otherwise I wont be able to hunt in peace.
SEMPER LIBERTAS
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

I fail to understand why everyone drills holes to join all these press parts. Are you really planning on taking it apart? Why not weld it? If you do take it apart it would take you just as long to grind the weld as it would to drill the holes. Now I realize that not everyone has access to welding equipment but if you are building skis you have a bucket load of tools, I have a welder but no table saw. Just priorities I guess.

Nice looking press BTW.
KevyWevy

Post by KevyWevy »

hahaha yeah... it does seem like more a of a pain in the ass to drill and bolt than to just rent/buy a welder.
thefreshpimpofbigair

Sure do wish I owned this house, then I could park a forklift in one of the garages and move the press all by myself.
Seriously though, if I do move, scraping paint, grinding welds, and then re-welding at a new location would prove to be a way bigger pain in the ass than drilling holes.... I only had to drill 68 holes!
SEMPER LIBERTAS
Cornbiscut

cb

Post by Cornbiscut »

Have you thought about kevlar on top of the base...seems like a good idea in Crested Butte...rocks.... rocks...rocks....that place will eat a ski! especially when it doesn't snow
thefreshpimpofbigair

Hunting season came and went and have finally been able to get back at it. Press is 95% complete... need to finish wiring my heat box but need to find a couple of fuses. My roofer buddy is slitting sheets of metal for the casettes today.
Snow is piling up 30"+ in the BC!!!!!
current weather: puking with forcasted continung dumpage.
www.flickr.com/photos/rfa2009

thanks to DG,and head monkey for press design insparation and all those who contribute their knowledge freely on this forum.

R
SEMPER LIBERTAS
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

looks like you already got a huge air bladder, just stuff that inflatable raft in there!!!
Doug
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

Wow, your press looks amazing. Very nicely done!