Epoxy

For discussions related to the type of materials to build skis/snowboards and where to get them.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

shit that really sucks :( i was about to ask for some of his advice again to try out new stuff. He was right on with what we were looking for at the time.
Doug
Head Monkey

Post by Head Monkey »

iggyskier wrote:Just an FYI for those who might be calling QCM, but Roy passed away awhile ago now. We called up asking to speak with him only to find that out. Total bummer.

QCM = awesome though. 0043 + 0032 here at ON3P...
Whoa. I had no idea. Roy was a really, really nice guy. I'd go by QCM to pickup my epoxy, and he'd take time out of his day right there on the spot to sit down and chat with me and answer my questions. Very helpful, and clearly highly intelligent. I remember chatting with him shortly after SkiBuilders.com really took off, and the word got out here that QCM was a good place to get epoxy. He thought it was wonderful how many people were interested in building their own skis and snowboards, and I think he was happy to be a part of that.

I hadn’t asked to chat with Roy the past few years. I feel bad I didn’t know he had passed.

Rest in peace.
Everything I know about snowboard building, almost: MonkeyWiki, a guide to snowboard construction
Free open source ski and snowboard CADCAM: MonkeyCAM, snoCAD-X
skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

Thanks for letting us know about Roy. QCM does have a great customer service with guys like Roy who are interested in what you are using their product for so they can give you the best epoxy for the job. Rare breed.
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

yea and he hooked me up with a free "sample", though i had to pay the hazmat fee for hardner, but we got 6 boards out of what they called a "sample" !?!?!?!
That was a one time shot but now I'm hooked. And their prices are low compared to others, when you buy enough. I hope his family and friends and QCM are ok and that he lives on with great service in the future.
Doug