New Skis and Company to show off... What do you think?

Document your personal work here. Show photos, movies, and share your secrets.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Slant

New Skis and Company to show off... What do you think?

Post by Slant »

Hi Ski Builders, I have been lurking in this forum for several years now. Without skibuilders.com my dreams of building skis and owning a ski company would not be possible. I have been building skis for a couple seasons now, and have decided to actually start selling them.
I am currently working on documenting the entire process so I can share with you. This is a little ways out though as my priorities have been with building and less with step-by-step instruction. I have never posted any pictures of my work in progress, but if you have a minute please check out my website and let me know what you think of my skis and mission. Any feedback is appreciated. Go ahead and tell your friends if you deem it worthy ;) Thanks!

http://www.slantskis.com
Steevner

Post by Steevner »

Really cool man. Congrats. They all look like fun skis.
One thing I would like to see in the descriptions is the height of camber and rocker. Eg. This ski has a rocker rise of 5 cm, starting 46cm back from the tip.

How many pairs can you make in a week/month?
Slant

Post by Slant »

Rocker height description would be a good thing to add. Rocker/reverse camber is a tough thing to describe. The tip rocker rises about 90mm and the tail about 60mm on the FUGE.
I can build about 2 pair a day or 10 a week if I am screaming.. I like to take my time and enjoy the process though.
nate

Post by nate »

I think a picture of the skis from the side with them base to base is the most effective way to convey what the camber/rocker is like.