Dual Camber

For discussions related to ski/snowboard construction/design methods and techniques.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

bobbyrobie

Dual Camber

Post by bobbyrobie »

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_T_6PyI42s6o/S ... ture+1.png

Anyone tried something like this before?
doughboyshredder

Post by doughboyshredder »

That's the old inca boards design. supposedly they worked pretty decent. I think they went out of business 5+ years ago.
LifeisRiding

Post by LifeisRiding »

i have seen those boards up close and for their time they were very inovative for sure!

however in the snowboard world today all sorts of rocker/camber combo's have been coming out of the woodworks ever since mervin manufacturing launched the skate banana snowboard with alot Heavy addvertising a few years ago.

the most prominent and functional design seems to me to be , rocker between the inserts with camber after.

Mervin Manufacturing call it C2 power banana
Never summer do nearly the same thing and call it R.C. technology
Every snowboard company seems to have jumped on the rocker bandwagon these days. Which is awesome to see, snowboards haven't changed much in the past decade.

my new mold has a similar design and i will post some pics when i get one finally pressed.
nate

Post by nate »

Neversummer actually has rocker between the inserts and camber at the tips, much like the original post. Interesting ideas.

I had given some thought to what it would be to take such a design to skis, but I think it'd be less effective, since a snowboard had pressure at two points towards the tip and tail effectively flattening the rocker under foot. ski doesn't have that.