CNC template service needed

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Docta

CNC template service needed

Post by Docta »

So I was planning on having Head Monkey cut some templates for me for some new skis I want to press, just found out that his CNC machine might be out of commission for awhile....

Where else can I get this service done? Not even really sure where to start looking, in the past Ive cut by hand but it a PIA and I really want exact precision...

I am more than happy to pay a reasonable ammount for the service. THanks in advance.
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

most local cabinet or counter top shops, in the states, will cnc for you. Prolly 100 bucks, high end, to set up a file + material and time to cut.
brewster

Post by brewster »

Also check out laser cutters. They back fill with nitrogen and can cut wood.

The biggest cost is layout/programming. If you can export in .dxf it can make things easier.
shopvac

Post by shopvac »

we have had good luck with sign makers. Both of the companies we used were listed that way. Possibly a pleixglass place might have one also. The place here had one but it was too short in one dimension for continuous templates. Good luck.
bobbyrobie

Post by bobbyrobie »

I may be able to cnc cut it for you, what do you need?