My Double Decker Press

Document your personal work here. Show photos, movies, and share your secrets.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Loki440

My Double Decker Press

Post by Loki440 »

Figured i should share it here to give some of you some ideas, but i got this built for me by a friend last year (hes a red seal welder and metalfab journeyman), i mainly press longboards, as thats my business (www.roogs.ca) but i had it built to be capable of pressing upward of 210cm so snowboards and skis.

Ive built two snowboards in the past with vacuum lamination, and didnt build any this last winter but plan to do a couple this next season.

but yeah heres a pic.

if wondering about press deflection there is mabey 1/16" if that, as i can inflate one to 80psi, while still able to remove the bolts easily from the other one and throw another deck in and inflate those bags.

forgot to add its just made out of standard square tubing, thickness i cant remember but i believe its 3/16ths walled (can grab a spec later), and its dismantable into two pieces and can be move by two people (thus the handles on the end, and fits in a longbox truck for easy moving

MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

I think that site has hotlinking blocked.
Loki440

Post by Loki440 »

sorry about that, was trying to get away with not uploading it to my site, as i have a tendency to clean files and then pics in threads go missing

but anyways heres a pic

shopvac

Post by shopvac »

the press looks great. It looks very well thought out and sturdy. Nice work.