Chainsaw profiling

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

MontuckyMadman

Chainsaw profiling

Post by MontuckyMadman »

this guys crazy

skip ahead to 4:45 to see the chainsaw profile technique.

doughboyshredder

Post by doughboyshredder »

2 stroke smoke baby. So much for that whole "green" thing.

And, wtf a few centimeters off on the exit, what a tool.
webboy

Post by webboy »

doughboyshredder wrote:And, wtf a few centimeters off on the exit, what a tool.
Hey, don't worry, that only means "micromilllimeters" difference between the left and right side. ;)
krp8128

Post by krp8128 »

[youtube]WaCptLAIGdo[/youtube]

WTF......

Just when I think Lish couldn't make himself look any dumber, he posts this. I started watching it yesterday, then forgot about it while i was waiting for it to load. Must of broke the bandsaw.

doughboy, you want to go post your thoughts over in the 333 thread at TGR? I'm not sure if I want to get into that shit again...

dded, "green" would be doing this by hand, or with a planer/bandsaw plugged directly to his solar bank. I wonder what he does with all the scraps, think he burns them, hauls them off or just leaves them in the desert?
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

well aside from it sucking accuracy wise, its innovative and he spent allot of time and money till he got there from the crazy bandsaw thing.

It would be fine for the ghetto garage builder but not if you are gonna sell them regardless of how cheap the ski would be.

In the beginning he didn't seem this crazy.
Jekul

Post by Jekul »

His backlog is probably killing him. It looks like it takes less than 30s to profile each ski, of course everyone that buys them is going to wonder why they turn great one way...and SUCK in the other direction! It's buyer beware for a $300 ski.
tufty

Post by tufty »

It's a pretty nifty idea, and it's fast - combined with using a reverse router bridge for final profiling, it could cut a lot of time off if used as a "first pass" rough cut.

On the other hand, chainsaws need oil on the chains, and something tells me chainsaw oil doesn't make for good bonding.
krp8128

Post by krp8128 »

tufty wrote: On the other hand, chainsaws need oil on the chains, and something tells me chainsaw oil doesn't make for good bonding.
that would be common sense....

There's a bunch of ways to do a quick roughing pass. Even without one I can profile a core in about 20 minutes.

There's also a bunch of better ways to profile period. For someone who is so good with setting up ski shops, how has Lish not designed an adjustable planer crib?
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

it would appear that he is more concerned with profiling a core in seconds as opposed to minutes.
doughboyshredder

krp8128 wrote:[youtube]WaCptLAIGdo[/youtube]

doughboy, you want to go post your thoughts over in the 333 thread at TGR? I'm not sure if I want to get into that shit again...
I have. Gave the "I hate DBS" crowd a little more fuel for the fire.

People are actually stoked on skis that broke. I don't get it. Lish may be a moran, but he has some serious marketing ability.
sammer

Post by sammer »

doughboyshredder wrote:2 stroke smoke baby. So much for that whole "green" thing.

And, wtf a few centimeters off on the exit, what a tool.
Doughboy I think you hit the nail on the head.

Too much "smoke", green smoke, baby!
Green smoke and chainsaws don't mix.
Maybe carbon monoxide poisoning?

sam
You don't even have a legit signature, nothing to reveal who you are and what you do...

Best of luck to you. (uneva)
krp8128

Post by krp8128 »

doughboyshredder wrote:
krp8128 wrote:[youtube]WaCptLAIGdo[/youtube]

I have. Gave the "I hate DBS" crowd a little more fuel for the fire.

People are actually stoked on skis that broke. I don't get it. Lish may be a moran, but he has some serious marketing ability.
Thanks.

Last week I made a few comments and got flamed for not having the money to put together a decent website, and not wanting a POS ghetto blog like lish has. I guess no website means I am talking out of my ass.

It pisses me off that everyone is stoked to spend $333 on a shitty ski that they wait all season for, then break it, then have to wait for a replacement. I need to find $5k so I can start selling customs at $600 a pop to a wider market and put this moran in his place.
doughboyshredder

Yeah I really don't understand how anybody could be excited about a pos ski that falls apart and needs to be replaced.

I mean they freaking love this guy cause he has a mohawk and talks all hippy dippy about the environment.

Freaking loser. One of the only people in this "industry" that I have zero respect for.
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

summerteeth?
DutchDesigns

Some are here some are there

Post by DutchDesigns »

Ya I saw this 333 thing in a ski mag and was all stoked, then I checked it out a bit and this guy is a moaning sap that builds crap and is making us all look like crazy fools