Drafting Program

For discussions related to ski/snowboard construction/design methods and techniques.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

dbtahoe

Drafting Program

Post by dbtahoe »

Personally I think SnoCadX is hands down the easist way to get an idea down on paper without any drafting knowledge but if you're looking for more flexibility/power, the makers of Solidworks just released this free drafting program - DraftSight (link below). Good stuff. FREE stuff!

SnoCad
DraftSight

Cheers!
Alex13

Post by Alex13 »

Cheers for the info. Dassault Systemes certainly know their way around a CAD program, SolidWorks is good, CATIA is excellent.
OnDeck

Post by OnDeck »

Great post!
:D
Thanks
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

That looks great! I've been using SolidWorks for years, but I spend quite a bit of time using it as just a 2D parametric drafter. This might be quicker for that kind of stuff. Thanks for the link!
gketcham

Post by gketcham »

is Solid Works overkill for ski designing?
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

gketcham wrote:is Solid Works overkill for ski designing?
It's certainly unnecessary, as you're likely only using 1% of its capabilities, but I wouldn't say it's overkill (that is what I use, but mostly because I am most familiar with it).

Solidworks is a very powerful 3D parametric modeling program, and with ski design its pretty unlikely you're doing anything 3D.
EricW

Post by EricW »

Scetchup from Google is a very good, and free 3d modeling program. I enjoy it a lot.