Error

Document your personal work here. Show photos, movies, and share your secrets.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

My Press Frame is Rusty. Re-painting it. What Color?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:28 pm

Black
71%
White
No votes
Blue
29%

Total votes: 7

a.badner

Post by a.badner »

twizzstyle wrote: (Your edges should not be cracking from butters, something else is happening. The fatigue life of the steel far exceeds however many times you have flexed the tips of your skis)
maybe.
but i only noticed the edge crack after doing a butter two-7 onto a rail. so. my original thought was that the edges cracked from the butter.'

AND im super excited. i will be doing my first REAL ski lay-up on friday.
its just prep for now.

and my physics mid term went great. it was all kinematics up to this date. now we do newtons laws. HOORAY!
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

a.badner wrote:
twizzstyle wrote: (Your edges should not be cracking from butters, something else is happening. The fatigue life of the steel far exceeds however many times you have flexed the tips of your skis)
maybe.
but i only noticed the edge crack after doing a butter two-7 onto a rail. so. my original thought was that the edges cracked from the butter.'

AND im super excited. i will be doing my first REAL ski lay-up on friday.
its just prep for now.

and my physics mid term went great. it was all kinematics up to this date. now we do newtons laws. HOORAY!
I'll give you a head start: F=MA is the basis of everything ever. Done, newton's law explained :) (seriously though, equations of motion, story of my life) Newton rules.

Good luck on the layup! Take your time, don't rush things (but don't daddle).
a.badner

Post by a.badner »

thanks for the moral support. ;)

but newtons third law looks pretty crazy if you put in numbers.
every is doubled, and as of right now it makes no sense. but kinematics was just tedious. no matter what the scenario is; adding two/three vectors and memorizing equations like d=vt+1/2at^2 will always be incredibly boring.
maximegb5

Post by maximegb5 »

Just wait for optics... that is the true boring part :D
EricW

Post by EricW »

Operational Statistics. I wished for death in that one.
a.badner

Post by a.badner »

maximegb5 wrote:Just wait for optics... that is the true boring part :D
i know. i did optics in grade nine.

and stats is grade twelve math in canada. Id rather take calculus.
doughboyshredder

Post by doughboyshredder »

Last edited by doughboyshredder on Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
a.badner

Post by a.badner »

i thought you werent going to bother anymore.
doughboyshredder

Post by doughboyshredder »

Last edited by doughboyshredder on Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

a.badner wrote:adding two/three vectors and memorizing equations like d=vt+1/2at^2 will always be incredibly boring.
Hey bite me! Some of us find this stuff fun! :D Not to mention doing it for a living.

There is nothing magical about thermal expansion, everything does it. In a finished ski the epoxy-bonds and total structure outweigh any changes in the base material, but pre-layup I could easily see it changing shape slightly if the material weren't uniform (although I've never had a base change shape thermally... it's always been my shotty cutting)
a.badner

Post by a.badner »

haha
whats fun in projectile motion? maybe in the more advanced stuff.
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

a.badner wrote:haha
whats fun in projectile motion? maybe in the more advanced stuff.
rockets? airplanes?

how about a skier? it's all the same (hint, f=ma) Obviously I'm a bit biased.
skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

doughboyshredder wrote:
a.badner wrote:sorry guys, but i do doubt theese "magical" deformations that hapen to p-tex. first of all. its made to be in fluctuating tempatures. imagine how many times you wax your skis before going to ski. i dont know where you people live. but here in canada, irons are hot. and snow is cold.

btw,
i routed 4001 electra base in + 18 degrees ( celcius ) and left them over night in 2 degrees. and them compared to my template. no difference.
Why do you fracking argue with everything you read on here?
Why are you even here, if you already know everything?
Quick! Hire a teenager while they still know everything! ;) :)

Sorry I couldn't resist. Wish I could take credit for that wise crack but I heard it some where....
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

a.badner wrote:sorry guys, but i do doubt theese "magical" deformations that hapen to p-tex. first of all. its made to be in fluctuating tempatures. imagine how many times you wax your skis before going to ski. i dont know where you people live. but here in canada, irons are hot. and snow is cold.

btw,
i routed 4001 electra base in + 18 degrees ( celcius ) and left them over night in 2 degrees. and them compared to my template. no difference.
I'm only posting here to call you names. You are wrong again. You are wrong more than right on this board. You need to re evaluate your shit kid.
If I had someone tell me that at your age it might give me pause but you are a total meathead. no doubt. Go bang your head against a wall some more, might knock some sense in.
richie

listen, think, then blog

Post by richie »

Hey bud, listen to the advise you're getting, step back and think before you open your mouth or blog, MM is right most of what you've said is a load of BS. If you want to be a part of this very helpful team then don't stir up shit all the time. You are young and keen, thats great stay that way, but do listen and respect experience - I understand you've not even laid up your first ski yet - but you know it all? Come on mate wake up..........
MonkeyCAM and SnoCAD - https://github.com/mikemag
Ski binding mounting https://github.com/splitn2/DrillSki

Richard Harcourt | www.splitn2.com | Christchurch New Zealand
rich@splitn2.com | www.facebook.com/splitn2