ulilee

Document your personal work here. Show photos, movies, and share your secrets.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

baumannuli

ulilee

Post by baumannuli »

day 1. of ski building went great. got the core of one ski epoxied and a template almost made...

day 2. went well .. got the 2nd core epoxied and got the template for the mold started .. and got the planer out of the box..

day 3. got the bottom half of the mold built.. now for a day of sanding..

day 4. got the top and bottom molds done and sanded..and both cores planed flat....that was fun now to taper them and find a ski shop thats open and willing to let me mark the template for the bindings...

day 5. 2 ski shops closed..bummer.. but captain lee in NC says he will send me a temp let of the bindings...guess the ski shops are open in NC...
finished planing the cores ... will put the metal edges on tomorrow.

day 6. metal edges on one...hope they hold...

day 7. got the metal edges on the second ski... and they look good...

day 8. went to lowes and west marine and put together the fire hose ..looks great..

day 9. tested fire hose ...no leaks...picked up tube iron and rod for frame for frame ....test....crap... back to the think tank ...the frame bends at 20psi...

day 10. went to North Carolina and put the frame back together and picked up veneer....thanks cappy....

day 11. went over the motions of putting em in the mold.

day 12. EPOXY they are in the oven

day 13. birth of ulilee.....got lots of photos but no photo account...now i'm off to Stowe to finish em. can't think of a finner place to finish em. love it..

well got to Stowe and started to finish em then the problem...ykes..the epoxy top sheet would not kick off...it took me 3 days to fig out why...dumb....i did the epoxy in the evening of the 2nd day down stairs after finishing outside...looked great ...had a fire in the fireplace upstairs...the thermostat is up stairs...have you guessed it ?? the heat from the fireplace prevented the heat from coming on downstairs...i didn't get a good coat of varnish on em till i got back to Philly...now i have started a pair for my grandson...going to put mickey mouse on em , he loves disney world.....later..................... hey big k can i get a photo password ????? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :evil:

well i guess i should bring this up to date....
the grandson's skis were cool and he loved em but he is still in the snow plow stage and crossing his tips....

then i made a pair for my brother in law. with a cloth top sheet of pirate heads...cool but season ended before he got to try em.

then a pair with a top sheet of worm wood. gave them to capt lee in NC. he can't wait for the season in the high country in NC.

then a pair for my buddy who got me the fire hose. a maple veneer top sheet and they are good.

and right now i got a pair that have a ash and mahogany top sheet. going down to NC to finish em with capt lee.

so that's what I've been doing....skied Stowe and kept hearing awesome on the lift, when asked who makes those. best skiing I've had ever..

thanks everyone for all the help. later
Last edited by baumannuli on Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:44 pm, edited 6 times in total.
ski the east
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

t e m p l a t e