Dirty Cheap Transparent Base Material 330mm wide

For non-commerical sales of materials, equipment, and resources related to ski/snowboard building

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

chrismp

Dirty Cheap Transparent Base Material 330mm wide

Post by chrismp »

IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!

I finally got a chance to talk to the law company that does the proceedings (thats where i got all the info from btw ;) i work for them part time).
I WILL HAVE TO PAY 10% TAX FOR THE MATERIAL, THAT MAKES THE NEW PRICE 4,50 EUR!!! (mind you that tax is already just half the regular tax scale here in Austria)
another fee i'll have to pay is for the contract, but thats only about 100eur and i'll pay that one myself. consider it a gift ;)
Any of you guys who already mailed me will get this info on pm as well.

UPDATE END!!!

Original message:

Hi folks,

I might be able to get my hands on some 4001 sintered transparent base material 330mm width and 1.3mm thickness.
The price per metre is 4,10 EUR which converts to about 5,50 USD at the current rate.
I'm going to get this stuff in mid-december and I'm willing to order some more if any of you guys are interested.
To all the Europeans I will make it available for 4,10 EUR / metre plus shipping and all other countries will be served based on the actual exchange rate (I'll ship worldwide).
Just drop me a message with the quantity you want if you're interested and I'll see if I can get that much.
First come, first serve (means whoever sends me an inquiry first and ends up buying, will be served first).

I'm not making any profit with this!!! I just came across a local source that bought this stuff from a bankrupt ski company and thought that I should give something back to this great community! (bankruptcy proceedings won't be over till mid december, thats why the date is set so late)

PS: I'll see if I can get some samples, so I can post photos of the actual stuff.

Cheers
Chris :D
Last edited by chrismp on Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Idris

Post by Idris »

I'll be interested, cheap stuff is always good for making prototypes ;)
OAC

Post by OAC »

Put me on the list!
Richuk

Post by Richuk »

Yep - Definitely give me a shout nearer the time!
chrismp

Post by chrismp »

Updated the original post!
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

Is that all they have is base or other stuff also? VDS?

Have you thought about scrounging ion the Haberkom(SP) dumpster?
chrismp

Post by chrismp »

MontuckyMadman wrote:Is that all they have is base or other stuff also? VDS?

Have you thought about scrounging ion the Haberkom(SP) dumpster?
afaik thats all they have left :( i'll see if i can get more insight into their stock...maybe sth usable comes up.

haha, yep...asked them if they'd give away their waste...no chance! i'd have to break in there to get sth for free.
same with the elan factory...they wouldnt even give me their base scraps :P
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

Just follow a guy to the nearest bar after work and buy some beers and strike a deal for the waste. He can put it inside his awesome euro worker jumpsuit for you, or in his clogs.
chrismp

Post by chrismp »

unfortunately its not like their factory is right around the corner ;) same thing with isosport :(

PS: the base material is from a production run in late july.
OnDeck

Post by OnDeck »

MontuckyMadman wrote:... He can put it inside his awesome euro worker jumpsuit for you, or in his clogs.
Sory to get off track, but that is good!
falls

Post by falls »

Any update on this deal chrismp?
Don't wait up, I'm off to kill Summer....
chrismp

Post by chrismp »

well, the stuff will arrive at my place in a couple of weeks and everyone who ordered will receive his part it a few days later!
i might be willing to part with another 20m of my share, but that's all then. 400m total going to some lucky guys in this community! i'm really happy that i'm able to give something back in this great forum.

ps: happy new year! you can keep any typos you find in this post...i'm effin' wasted.
skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

chrismp wrote:...
ps: happy new year! you can keep any typos you find in this post...i'm effin' wasted.
LOL...Happy New Year!
wicked

Post by wicked »

Still willing to part with that 20m?