In the Beginning...

Document your personal work here. Show photos, movies, and share your secrets.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

agiocochook

Post by agiocochook »

Not sure why the image link isn't working, but I s'pose you can use the url....
agiocochook

Post by agiocochook »

doughboyshredder

Post by doughboyshredder »

agiocochook

Post by agiocochook »

a.badner

Post by a.badner »

when you are copying pictures:
;)
right click -> copy image location -> then put that link in the code
skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

Super nice top sheet! What is it? Let us know how they ski. Really sweet looking. Great job!
Brazen

Post by Brazen »

What did you use for sidewall?
agiocochook

Post by agiocochook »

Thanks "A.Badner" for posting the pics....thought I tried what you suggested, but whatever I'm doing wrong, I'm sure it's something stupid...

The topsheet for this pair is an "olive swirl" ash veneer. I've got some clear topsheet material for the next pair, but I epoxied/spar urethaned the first two pairs which is quite a multiple coats/lots of sanding process....The sidewalls on this pair are cherry (the cores are poplar/cherry) and, as I mentioned, I rabbeted in a bit when I beveled them which allowed me to cover the sidewalls with a fairly thick layer of epoxy.

They're probably hitting the snow for the first time as we speak....I made them for a friend who's been helping with the graphics and she's trying them out this afternoon. I opted for some touring this morning instead....Anyhow, I'll pass on her report when I get it, though I'm expecting she'll find them a bit stiff.

Scott
a.badner

Post by a.badner »

check under the text box.

if the "Disable BBCode in this post" box is checked. un-check it. then embeds should work
agiocochook

Post by agiocochook »

Stiff and short was the report....I expected them to be stiff, but the short was just a dumb mistake. My friend had asked for something like the k2 Payback, which she had demoed and liked, and also said she wanted twin tips. When I looked up the dimensions for the Payback, though, I didn't look closely enough to see that they're not twin tips......so, the 13 cm tail I put on them probably reduced the running length by about 10 cm compared to the same length Payback. They've been passed on to a shorter, more agressive skier where they may be a better fit....

Scott