STRESS

Document your personal work here. Show photos, movies, and share your secrets.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

doughboyshredder

Post by doughboyshredder »

Just a little hand block sander. With P tex sidewalls it took about ten minutes to do a board.

I'll try to get video of the flap sander when I finish this new one.

I have no room for error on my cores. Sidewalls stick out less than .5mm, so any movement is unacceptable.
Richuk

Post by Richuk »

Lovin the 'no waste' policy dbs ;)
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

same here the sidewalls pretty much just a hair over the edge
Doug
Richuk

Post by Richuk »

Doug, sounds like you've worked out the kinks. Nice job with the interview - more orders as a result?
doughboyshredder

Image Image

Board turned out so nice. Minor middle edge alignment issue, which was resolved with delicate sanding of the edge. Flex pattern was perfect. I feel like I really nailed the right mix of core thickness, glass, cf, and kevlar.

Not sure how much the kevlar is actually helping out though. I am using .25oz kevlar mat directly above the base and below the top sheet. Minor increase in strength, my thought is that it strengthens the base and top sheet from impact damage. ???

Reports came back today from this guy:

that the board absolutely rips. Performs better than expected on the uphill and downhill.

166 with 128 cm of effective edge. De-cambered tip and tail. About 6 mm of camber directly underfoot.
falls

Post by falls »

Awesome
Gnar!
Don't wait up, I'm off to kill Summer....
doughboyshredder

Yeah, thats eat shit and die, aka 80's chute on the road in to Alpental. It's only been done 3 times. A skier in the 90's. String snowboarded it about 4 years ago, and then a week or two later Bryce skied it. String is the only one that did it fluidly though. He aired the ice fall at the bottom and straight lined the run out. He helped design one of the shapes that I've been building. He's been riding his board for two years and still says it's the best he's ever ridden. Having one of the best local riders on one of my boards really stokes me out.
Brazen

Post by Brazen »

That board is beautiful. Really. Very nice job.
doughboyshredder

Thanks Brazen!
skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

Great looking board! Like the simple graphics. Top notch work as always.
COsurfer

Post by COsurfer »

Wow! impressive board DBS!
shopvac

Post by shopvac »

your best work it looks like. Great looking board and the line he was on is insane. Is that red spec in the middle really him? Best rider on the mtn!
doughboyshredder

shopvac wrote:your best work it looks like. Great looking board and the line he was on is insane. Is that red spec in the middle really him? Best rider on the mtn!
Yep, that's him. Definitely one of the best riders on the hill. There are a lot of rippers at alpy, so it's hard to definitively say he's the best. Although he is the only boarder to have done a few of the shots around the valley. And, he does them with style.

I felt like that was my best work yet. I was very proud to be able to give him such a beautiful board. I can't wait to see what he gets himself into with it.

Thanks desmond, and surfer!
skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

shopvac wrote:your best work it looks like. Great looking board and the line he was on is insane. Is that red spec in the middle really him? Best rider on the mtn!
I didn't notice the red spec, I thought it was a pic of the mtn that some one HAD done in the past. That's insane! How did he get there in the first place?? That's Warren Miller worthy!
doughboyshredder

Came in from riders left at the top of the face, through the spines.