montana basegrinder for sale $700

For non-commerical sales of materials, equipment, and resources related to ski/snowboard building

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

strangesnowboarding

montana basegrinder for sale $700

Post by strangesnowboarding »

hey everybody
i found this on craigslist and decided that we do not have the room or the need for this particular machine.

not sure of the year of birth, but its at least a decade old. fresh powdercoat and new stickers make it look good tho.
i am also not sure many of the specs, i have never seen anything like this before, and could not find much info on the web.

it is a snowboard basegrinder (nice and wide) runs and works well. it is a drum grinder with a pneumatic bladder on the inside (for grinding concave/convex boards). it also had adjustable entry and exit rollers so that you can achieve a nice flat grind without an autofeed.

we were going to use it as a final wax buffer, but scotchbrite pads on the grindrite do the trick.

it is pretty heavy and large, so shipping is possible but probably expensive.
will deliver to denver for an extra hundred bucks. i am located in silverthorne, CO at the moment.

first 700 or best offer takes it home.
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

Is this a wet grinder?
How firm is the surface? I don't want to grind on a smushy pneumatic surface my skis are flat enough.
110V right?
IMG00157-20110111-1148 by strangesnowboarding, on Flickr