Need more snow

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Dr. Delam

Need more snow

Post by Dr. Delam »

It hasn't snowed here in what seems like forever. Is anyone getting any pow anywhere?
jvangelder

Post by jvangelder »

We got a half decent storm in new england last week. Spent my honeymoon at sugarloaf and the midweek storm got what looked like 4-6. First pow ive seen all year personally.

-Jacob
skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

Yeah got about 16-18 inches on tuesday/wednesday here finally. Good ol fashion Nor'eastern storm. First decent storm in a 2-3 yrs. Seems like a lot of snow storms lately have been coastal (Boston, NYC, Cape Cod). What a waste of perfectly good snow.
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

damnit man. Im coming to tahoe this week. the last three years they have been blower storm days. I missed 20 inches 2 weeks ago and now its starting to snow here and I have to leave and go to no snow?
Killin me.
Dr. Delam

Post by Dr. Delam »

Sorry MM. The forecast doesn't look good for new snow but there is plenty on the ground and there will be sunny skies. For some reason we always get a warm spell this time of year which we refer to as Juneuary.

On the plus side, the southfacing aspects are corning up nicely and there is some great skiing going on.
ben_mtl

Post by ben_mtl »

No deep pow here but it's east coast... got about 16in of pure champagne over the last week. Went for some easy touring yesterday and had great time... only problem is it was 16in of super light, fluffy snow on top of... well on top of nothing. I "resurfaced" my skis pretty badly but it was well woth it !
P-Tex time now !
A bad day skiing is always better than a good one at work...
COsurfer

Post by COsurfer »

We are supposed to get a foot of snow in the mountains today but it has been pretty mellow since the first of year.
strangesnowboarding

Post by strangesnowboarding »

its trying to snow up here but mainly just blowing around
we have had pretty consistent snowfall all year, def around 150%of normal.
plenty of pow for research and development, just gotta end up in the backcountry behind a snowmobile to get it all!
sammer

Post by sammer »

Our snow is fast disappearing.
Last week I had more than a meter in my yard but 5 days of +5c and pouring rain has washed it away.
Its raining to the top of the mountains :evil:

Was pretty good last week though 40cms of light fresh!

sam
You don't even have a legit signature, nothing to reveal who you are and what you do...

Best of luck to you. (uneva)
SHIF

Post by SHIF »

Dr D, methinks we're screwed for another couple of weeks.
This blog has been quite accurate all winter: http://tahoeweatherdiscussion.com/

Well at least the mountain biking has been fantastic down here. I just imagine I'm carving big arcs in the deep fluff while I'm flying down the muddy trails on my Mojo.

-S
Brazen

Post by Brazen »

It was 90f here today. 8)
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

Brazen wrote:It was 90f here today. 8)
wooof.
you ever rock baldy when its in? best terrain anywhere.
Brazen

Post by Brazen »

haha, i have...it's good like every 4 years or so. I actually prefer Waterman though... it's straight crazy with the gas lift, double blacks and tree runs hehe.
"86% of the time it works 100% of the time".
jvangelder

Post by jvangelder »

snowing in southern nh again, just moved 4" out of my driveway from this morning and its still comming down hard.
skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

jvangelder wrote:snowing in southern nh again, just moved 4" out of my driveway from this morning and its still comming down hard.
Same here, about 4-5. The snow was very light. Now it's a mix of sleet/freezing rain. Everything looks like a glazed donut.... mmmm donuts...