Cheap Base Material from DuraSurf

For discussions related to ski/snowboard construction/design methods and techniques.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Dave

Cheap Base Material from DuraSurf

Post by Dave »

So, I work at Pro Ski Service in Seattle, and we're building some of our own skis. I just got off the phone with Crown Plastics, and they sent me a wonderful little PDF. It's the Excess Material Sale. I sort of implied that we wanted to be a dealer, so I'm not sure anybody can call up and get the discount.

But, I was told 2 bucks a Meter and it's normally about 6. That seemed like a good deal to me. This stuff comes from 1/50" to 1/8", is about 12" wide and anywhere from 100 to 400 ft long. This is the extra run off stuff, basically they made too much and could sell it.

If you want the PDF shoot me an email. If you don't want it all we could split an order or something like that.

FreeHeeler AT gmail DOT com
bigKam
Site Admin

Post by bigKam »

hi Dave. it's great that you got a deal! say, how's the ski building coming along? say hello to Adam. the last time i saw/talk to him was when he came over to Kelvin's place watching us build. any photos of your work? perhaps i'll stop by to see you guys next week.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Adam, the lucky bastard, is skiing at the Yellowstone Club in Montana. Should be back tuesday, I think.

We're still getting everything together, so we haven't really started building yet.