Router Bit

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Idris

Router Bit

Post by Idris »

I am having real trouble finding somwhere to buy a Flush Pattern tracing bit. The one with the ball bearing race at the upper end. I am based in Europe (Chamonix) and can´t find one in any hardware/diy store. Sure they alll have ones with the ballbearing race at the lower end. I can´t even find any online in europe. Can anyone recomend a reliable source - don´t mind using a usa based online store if they understand international shipping.

I know this little tool may seam trivial but without it I will have to try completely different ways of doing things.

Thanks Tom
G-man

Post by G-man »

Hey Idris... not a trivial little tool at all in my book. I use the "bearing-over-bit' straight cutters for a lot of different operations. I just ordered some myself from woodworker.com. They have about 50 varieties of the bit that you're looking for, but #'s 50-102 and 110-177 will get you to the right catalog section. Really good prices, too. I don't know how the company does with international shipping. They look to be a pretty big outfit. Good luck
kelvin
Site Admin

Post by kelvin »

I'm sure somebody in Europe could give you a better answer, but Lee Valley is a good company to work with and have a great selection. They are in Canada.

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx ... 46171&ap=1

-kelvin
Telebladeur

Post by Telebladeur »

Hello, I am new member on this forum. Idris, I am based in France too (Thiers, Auvergne).
One source of router bit avaliable in France is HM diffusion http://www.hmdiffusion.com/aoCCatalogue ... amille=382