SnoCad .pdf export not working

For discussions related to ski/snowboard construction/design methods and techniques.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

skisplat

SnoCad .pdf export not working

Post by skisplat »

I've used SnoCad for a couple of years, and no problems. Recently, some of the controls such as the "save as" function and the "export to .pdf" functions stopped working. It first stopped working on my desktop, and then about 2 weeks later the controls stopped working on my laptop too. I am thinking that I updated Java and the Java update didn't jive with SnoCad. Anyway, I have some designs to print can can't seem to get them to export. Graf Snowboards website is down too. Any suggestions for debugging?
Thanks!
deepskis

Re: SnoCad .pdf export not working

Post by deepskis »

skisplat wrote:I've used SnoCad for a couple of years, and no problems. Recently, some of the controls such as the "save as" function and the "export to .pdf" functions stopped working. It first stopped working on my desktop, and then about 2 weeks later the controls stopped working on my laptop too. I am thinking that I updated Java and the Java update didn't jive with SnoCad. Anyway, I have some designs to print can can't seem to get them to export. Graf Snowboards website is down too. Any suggestions for debugging?
Thanks!
Hi Skisplat!
I am sure it has to do with the java update. Graf is probably updating as we speak... :D
//M
Every turn is a sign of fear

www.deepskis.com
Xenia

Post by Xenia »

Hi everyone first post here. Where can i download snowcad-x from? Grafsnowboards site appears to be down?
FigmentOriginal

Post by FigmentOriginal »

Just Google it, plenty of other sites carry the install program for free!
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Science-CAD/snoCAD-X.shtml
Xenia

Post by Xenia »

most of those are looking for vulnerabilities on my computer and at best just redirect me back to grafsnowboards
OAC

Post by OAC »

SnoCad is Java webstart app. These starts from a server. No server, no app.
Powforbreakfast.

Me too.

Post by Powforbreakfast. »

I just reformatted my computer and I'm having the same problem trying to download the snocad-x software. Posting here to keep myself in the loop for what you guys have to say. To the OP, I find that you are correct - most download sites only have mirror links that redirect to grafsnowboards which apparently was the only place to download the software. Grrr
FigmentOriginal

I used to the 'Internet Time Machine' to find the old site. Link still works to download the JNLP file. Haven't tried to install with it since I already have it installed, running, and functioning properly...

Give the link a second to load...
http://web.archive.org/web/201010201329 ... l=snoCAD-X

*I also noticed that the .PDF export was not working properly. Disconnecting from the internet(unplugged LAN cable) and export works fine!
weasel1

Post by weasel1 »

Wayback doesn't have the software download. Is anyone able to bring snoCAD files into another program?
vinman

Post by vinman »

my snocad still loads. It does take longer but it loads and seems to work just fine.
Fighting gravity on a daily basis
www.Whiteroomcustomskis.com
skisplat

Post by skisplat »

Looks like Graf snowboards is up and running again, but sno-cad is still not working all the way. Still no exports or saving files.
FigmentOriginal

FigmentOriginal wrote:*I also noticed that the .PDF export was not working properly. Disconnecting from the internet(unplugged LAN cable) and export works fine!
Did you try this??