Buuk's ski building journal!

Document your personal work here. Show photos, movies, and share your secrets.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Holymountain

Post by Holymountain »

Your work look very great!

I would like to to do the same job,
I'm in europe too and want to know where you find your sidewall,
and how does it's cost to you?

thank's.
MaRuMo

side wall

Post by MaRuMo »

Hello,

I forgot I've posted something here. The sidewalls are from the US. Actually they are big ones for snow boards.

I got them through a friend, but it's originally from PM Gear based in Reno, NV.

I wish I could extend my stay longer, but few things I need to do back in the US, but hoping to come back out in the winter. Actually likely to.

I don't have frequent internet access, but let me know if you'd like more help. In fact, Idris will be able to give you much more info on where to get things in Europe and whether it's reasonable cost too. Possibly through a guy (Professor) in Geneva. Some things are cheaper to get from the US, or easier to get from the US (impression I got but maybe I'm wrong).
Buuk

CNC machine finished

Post by Buuk »

I have been very busy last weekends to finish my CNC machine....

So time for some pics. I will add some explaination later, but most pictures will be clear I think...

Buuk

Make things as simple as possible, but not too simple
MaRuMo

Post by MaRuMo »

Hi, Wow you have kept pretty busy and nice work! It will be very nice to make one for myself in the future, it will speed things up and make life so much easier.

Although it would have been very useful to make a hard wood tip piece I've made as an experiment. The renewable tail piece works well, but the tip piece was difficult to make by hand!

I only have a little bit of time to make my own hand made skis (laminate wood core as well), as my main job is ski building. Very tired at the end of the day...
Dutchjibber

Post by Dutchjibber »

Nice work Buuk! Look pretty impressive.

You have PM.