Need a new company / person to make my custom skiboards....

For discussions related to ski/snowboard construction/design methods and techniques.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

slackercruster

Need a new company / person to make my custom skiboards....

Post by slackercruster »

Brazen is not working out.

Need a person / company to make me 24 skiboards in 3 sizes. 56 / 90 / 100. (100 are reverse camber boards)

The boards use 4 inserts from snowboards to hold non release Bomber bindings. All boards to be made plain yellow as in photo. Snowboard companies can make skiboards too.

Yes, I know it costs thousands.

So who do you have to rec for the job?

doughboyshredder

Post by doughboyshredder »

Pretty Brazen to come on here and call out Brazen publicly.

Unprofessional is another way to put it.
chrismp

Post by chrismp »

whats the problem with brett? i thought you were happy with his work...
Richuk

Post by Richuk »

Yeah - might be worth editing that first line.
Last edited by Richuk on Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

doh. b will poop on you.
sammer wrote: I'm still a tang on top guy.
troublemaker

Post by troublemaker »

By calling him out like that, I don't think anybody is going to help you out now! Not Cool!
Sherpa Burns

Post by Sherpa Burns »

My old man always used to say, "if you want something done right...you gotta do it yourself".
Brazen

Post by Brazen »

I built these for this guy...3.5 weeks after his order. They had slight topsheet dimples and rather than send something out that was slightly less than perfect I told him I would re-build them ASAP. He responded by filing a dispute with Paypal and refunding his own money on a custom order. He also re-negotiates every deal with his own "price" after he agrees to another. I would deal with him with caution, if at all. Image
Last edited by Brazen on Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"86% of the time it works 100% of the time".
MBsnow

Post by MBsnow »

Real professional dude good luck getting any of us to help you.
slackercruster

Post by slackercruster »

chrismp wrote:whats the problem with brett? i thought you were happy with his work...
Not here to discuss Brett. Here to find someone that can follow through with simple instructions and build boards.

I'm not a professional, just an end user. So, do not know what that remark was for.
slackercruster

Post by slackercruster »

You know that is a lie Brett. I never renegotiated an thing.I always paid you ahead of time and the exact amount we agreed on.

I sent you $300 as a gift just to help you out cause you were having trouble with the 56's. Remember that or do you deny that?

The last boards you sent will delam with your own admittance. You don't send boards out that will delam Brett. I don't want any more of your screwups.

You are not able to follow simple instructions and you keep making the boards wrong. No matter how clear I make the simple instructions, you wont follow through.

I've asked you for the last year to return my sample baords I sent you...nothing. Just more excuses and screwups.

I told you all communication must be through Paypal and you can't even do that. This will be my last communication with you unless it is through Paypal Brett.

I am here to find a new builder. If no one want to build no problem. Will go elsewhere.
Last edited by slackercruster on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

Amazing they even make carpet in that shade.
really ugly. Imo.

why will ur skiblades delam?
sammer wrote: I'm still a tang on top guy.
Brazen

Post by Brazen »

pppfffttt take that crazy somewhere else Dan. A "gift"? What the fk are you talking about, the balance of your original agreement? And any manufacturer on a multiple pair order sends out what's called a "first article" pair. These are for testing the shape, flex, handling and response so any changes can be made prior to actually pressing the final items. I'll remind you that your own review of these was "Perfect, don't change a thing!" Maybe they will delam...they're first articles. I hope they fk'n blow up while you're on 'em.
sammer

Post by sammer »

slackercruster wrote:
chrismp wrote:whats the problem with brett? i thought you were happy with his work...
Not here to discuss Brett. Here to find someone that can follow through with simple instructions and build boards.

I'm not a professional, just an end user. So, do not know what that remark was for.
I'm still not getting the idea that you need 12/24? pair if your not selling them.

I don't know all the details but I think, if Brazen made what you wanted and you've already said they "performed very well", you've accepted his first article.

If you had a word of mouth agreement to purchase these boards and have now changed your mind you should still be on the hook for the purchase.
He built your boards on good faith. If he's not happy with the product he's supplying he's wise to say he wont deliver and will build new.
If he can't make them in your time frame perhaps he has to make concessions.

To cancel your order and come on here and ask someone else to now make them for you is just plain douche.

I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV, but I think if I was Brazen I'd be talking to one tomorrow.

sam
You don't even have a legit signature, nothing to reveal who you are and what you do...

Best of luck to you. (uneva)
Brazen

Post by Brazen »

Yep...this "customer" won't respond to either of my emails offering a reduced price because according to his Paypal dispute that robbed me of the money for a custom order that parts have already been cut for, he is "out of town until March" but miraculously he's present in public forum(s). I'm stunned at his behavior.