Need source for Isospeed base and VDS foil

For discussions related to the type of materials to build skis/snowboards and where to get them.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

BLOODTYPEZX10R

Need source for Isospeed base and VDS foil

Post by BLOODTYPEZX10R »

I need a source for Isospeed 7200 or carbon base material and VDS foil 12" wide, and titanal. I would like a US supplier. I don't want to bug a current manufacturing company either.

I don't know about the rest of you guys but continually sourcing and re-sourcing materials is becoming a real pain. I spoke with Millerstudio and he only has material that is preferable for printing. I need racing base material. Please help, I have looked at all the places listed in the manufacturer directory, have also spent substancial time online looking. Will be needing edges as well but don't want to buy 100's at a time.

Thanks for your suggestions.
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

http://www.blankslateskis.com/isospeed- ... per-meter/

12" will come from haberkrom direct. $600 minimum order.

titanal is made by an austrian company.

You want a 7000 series al sheet with an anodized bonding surface applied to it.

edges come from cdw and are min order of 30 edges.
sammer wrote: I'm still a tang on top guy.
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

sammer wrote: I'm still a tang on top guy.
BLOODTYPEZX10R

Post by BLOODTYPEZX10R »

Thanks, Montucky-I am checking into those. The 6"vds should be helpful for sure.
Still looking for titanal and the fastest bases money can buy...!!! Isospeed carbon. I sent IsoHQ and e-mail today.
cuddy

Isospeed Bases

Post by cuddy »

Whats the difference between Crown's black carbon infused bases and Isospeed? Does anyone have any experience? I have only used the material from Crown.
Thanks
Matt
BLOODTYPEZX10R

Post by BLOODTYPEZX10R »

I have not used Crown products. I build alpine snowboards, I need a fast board so I use Isospeed 7200 (really want to get my hands on Isospeed carbon), it is a racing base and is very fast; however the fast bases can wear faster than others. I have not seen significant wear on boards that have over 50 days of use though (riding is usually on the most bulletproof snow we can find-groomers etc.), and also seems to withstand some abuse. I do ride powder (well that is what they call it here in N. Idaho) and performs well. Isospeed 7200 is prepared on both sides for bonding(but surface is not ready to ride, it still needs tuning prep). It is also very expensive. In my opinion I feel that there are issues with thermal expansion in the heated bonding process leading to base concavity after cooling, especially the wider the board is. My boards have waist in the 17-22cm range. The concavity issues I have been having are unacceptable and have been trying to combat/reduce the effects.
cuddy

Base material

Post by cuddy »

Cool thanks for your input. We are starting to build snowboards for our brand an another. www.meierskis.com.
Where in North Idaho are you from? I grew up in Coeurd'Alene.

If you are heating both top and bottom of your board, you can play with temps and force the glass to cure at different rates therefore producing a flat board. I got ours figured out pretty quick doing it that way.