Geoff's Build

Document your personal work here. Show photos, movies, and share your secrets.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Mongo

Post by Mongo »

skidesmond wrote:What are the graphics printed on? Did you use Rice paper?
All of the graphics were printed out on regular old laser printer paper. THe grey areas are "trigger fabric" (the weave looks like really lightweight canvas). I had a 12"x12" dye sub setup ordered back in 2008, but cancelled it after doing some further research into my personal costs vs. going with a 3rd party printer. Kind of off topic, but has anyone used Crown Plastics sublimation shop for graphics yet?

After this last round of 10 pair I made, I have significantly changed my mind on what I want for graphics and ordered some new tooling this past week to get myself there on my next little production run.
shopvac wrote:Good eye. I am standing on the clean air side of ARO and the photo is looking back towards station. I was there for a year 06-07 working for NOAA. Did you ever work with Sven? I know a couple cubers. That project is pretty freakin' huge. I still don't know what the heck a neutrino or a muon really is (even after a year) haha.
I never got to go on ice, but worked FT summer/PT winter for IceCube for 2 years and Ice Coring Drilling Services for 1 year before graduating college. Sometimes I wish I would have stuck on with the project after graduation, but instead got involved with a Fortune 500 to finance my ski building addiction. At least thats how I rationalize it to myself every time I look out the window at the bleak middle of nowhere environment I live in. Only 6.5 hours to Bozeman...

As for neutrinos and muons, leave the physics up to the physicists and the engineers can sort out all of the PM tube capturing and triangulatio.