Fire Hose. I have a lot

For non-commerical sales of materials, equipment, and resources related to ski/snowboard building

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

prospectsnow

Fire Hose. I have a lot

Post by prospectsnow »

I have a lot of fire hose available.
The stuff we are getting is leak free and works awesome.
$5 a foot for the yellow 6"layflat
$6 a foot for the Red 8" layflat
Plus actual shipping from usps

Please... take this off my hands
http://prospectsnowboards.com/the-shop/ ... materials/

We have snowboard and kiteboard build kits!
https://prtahoe.com/collections/build-kits
NinetyFour

Post by NinetyFour »

Do you still have any hose? Interested in some of the 8" layflat. Looking for about 15 feet. Can you ship to Canada?
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

I think hes out of hose. not very much there. he prolly sold it all in the first few hours of posting. stuffs like gold.
sammer wrote: I'm still a tang on top guy.
prospectsnow

Post by prospectsnow »

Plenty left and getting more.
Dont mind shipping to canada as long as ups is cool about it. Pm me your addess and ill get a ship rate.

Or email "contact" at my domain name
prospectsnow

Post by prospectsnow »

Montucky, love the sarcasm. I actually pulled the people out of line at the apple store for the new ipad to come buy used hose.

Here is some additional info and what to expect when buying hose.

The hose I have is retired from the fire dept. To put the expectations in place; it is tough to test out this hose. Being used, at a cheap rate, it should be expected to have a pinhole or maybe a few. This doesn't dramatically affect the performance. I do give it a ocular pat down to make sure the are no obvious blems.

The hose is labeled where the test is failed and I avoid that part of the hose. Aside from the disclaimer of having pin holes, if it is really bad we'll figure something out if it really isn't working. That said, I use this same hose and it works great.

It is:
Angus Hose
Tested up to 200psi
It is clean and seals well for pressing.

Cheers!
NinetyFour

Good buy!

Post by NinetyFour »

Just got my firehose today. Shipped it to a border depot and got my sister to pick it up while she was making a trip across the line. Shipping was extremely quick and cheap to the border. Package came home in good shape and the hose looks fantastic (I bought the 8" hose) Planning on starting the bladder tomorrow. Will report back!
NinetyFour

Post by NinetyFour »

Bumping. Hose works and has no leaks or pinholes that I could find. The hose sealed good on the ends with my big clamps that I made and it seals good at the two inlet fittings to the hose. The only leaks on my whole assembly that occurred were at the threads on the inlet fittings, but they were just dry assembled, no thread sealent (which I will be using tomorrow to seal that up) But yeah the hose is good, works good, my 20 psi test showed no weakness on the hose. If you're looking for some hose, good guy to buy from, good hose to buy.

Pictures:
Image[/img]
prospectsnow

Post by prospectsnow »

Awesome NinetyFour. Lookin Clean. I'll keep tabs on what you have going on.
doughboyshredder

Post by doughboyshredder »

ninetyfour,
How long is it taking to come up to pressure with that small of a tank?
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

Ive got a small compressor like that. Takes 3 min to come to 60psi. 2 bladdders. Press is preheated to 120f but drops 20f when we put the cassete in.
doughboyshredder

MontuckyMadman wrote:Ive got a small compressor like that. Takes 3 min to come to 60psi. 2 bladdders. Press is preheated to 120f but drops 20f when we put the cassete in.
That makes me nervous.

Pre heating and slow ramp up on pressure could definitely cause problems IMO. It seems that with the preheat and slow ramp up you could get some parts of the laminate starting to cure before being at full pressure.

Although, 100f is not very warm. I like to bring up to full pressure before turning on the heat.
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

yeah the shop is like 66F all the time so that added took much longer to get to temp. The entropy doesn't flash cure like other epoxies at 180 its still a bit rubbery, we wait until about 160 to pull and that little 20 degrees make sit hard.
Its stays at 100f for like 3 min, doesnt cause any probs. Gets to temp in 25-30 min anyway after that.
We are getting really solid results after about 60 different pairs of skis now.
vinman

Post by vinman »

I also pressurize prior to any sort of heat. I hit full pressure for 5-10 min before heating allow the epoxy to flow and squeeze out. I feel like this gives me a flatter base and ensures everything is wet out before hitting the heat.

DBS how are you figuring the difference between bladder pressure and actual pressure on the laminate?

I press at 50-60 psi at the bladder, 9 inch wide bladder with a wooden hockey stick cat track.

My layers bottom to top
Bottom mold
3/16 Masonite
Heat blanket
18g Alu
Laminate
18g Alu
Heat blanket
3/16 Masonite
2 thin rubber mats
Cat track
Bladder
Top mold
Fighting gravity on a daily basis
www.Whiteroomcustomskis.com
doughboyshredder

Vinman wrote: DBS how are you figuring the difference between bladder pressure and actual pressure on the laminate?

I press at 50-60 psi at the bladder, 9 inch wide bladder with a wooden hockey stick cat track.
Figure the square inches of your laminate.
Figure the square inches of your bladder that is actually making contact with the cat track when fully inflated.
If you have 100 square inches of bladder contact that is 5,000-6,000 lbs of pressure. Divide that by the square inches of your laminate. The resulting figure is your psi at the laminate. Pressing at 50 psi, if your laminate has less surface area than your bladder the pressure at the laminate is higher than 50psi, if it has more surface area than your bladder the pressure at the laminate is lower.

A lot of presses have a significantly lower psi at the laminate than in the hose.
vinman

Post by vinman »

Figuring it your way I get 45 psi on my laminate for just under 40,000 lbs of pressure.

Thanks again
Fighting gravity on a daily basis
www.Whiteroomcustomskis.com