CNC drag knife

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Brazen

Post by Brazen »

weird...maybe it was just that high carbon electra base, because it sure did streak for me.
"86% of the time it works 100% of the time".
FigmentOriginal

Post by FigmentOriginal »

Brazen that is Sean Martin from Donek holding up the base. I think hes pretty much the most pro builder on this site, you should be asking him for tips! ;)
Brazen

Post by Brazen »

haha whatever, this stuff isn't rocket science. either you know how or you don't.
troublemaker

Post by troublemaker »

Brazen wrote:haha whatever, this stuff isn't rocket science. either you know how or you don't.

I know I shouldn't say this but I will....
So I guess you don't know how?

Sean Martin knows what he is doing for sure. Great guy
Brazen

Post by Brazen »

Just because you two decide to eat tacos out of someones ass doesn't mean it's the right thing to do. Like I said...
troublemaker

Post by troublemaker »

Brazen wrote:
Just because you two decide to eat tacos out of someones ass doesn't mean it's the right thing to do. Like I said...
You have some serious issues!
Dtrain

Post by Dtrain »

Brazen has it (board building basics and nice equipment). He just has shitty graphics and bad style. Unfortunetly thats what sells most snowboards. For this reason, and probably others that have to do with money and time, he selling it off.

I have a hard time not burning him since he rips of so many people on here. Some take it as humor, but somtimes he just an old dick. I wonder how much of his lonely life he spent searchin for the taco video.

Sad Really
Dtrain

Post by Dtrain »

love to see the way this thread plays out because a guy likes his well built, decent priced drag knife.

What a Hobby :D
Brazen

Post by Brazen »

Painful. Clearly you can see the difference between twelve dollars and two hundred twenty nine dollars? The rapid decline of this site is disturbing to an old dick like me....

Dtrain

Post by Dtrain »

Brazen wrote:I just bought a drag knife for my cnc that's too light. Where do you get the drag knives from? o please o please o please o please tell me haha I need a .250 shank.

Seriously. Please. I will have a case of beer shipped to your house. Carried by cactus' with cowboy hats.

Some people don't have enough time to tinker with tooling, and beg other for knowledge. They just want to build. A couple hundreds bucks is nothing in the long run, if it is gonna work fluently and has a warranty etc.

I truly believe you are a wealth of knowledge but your a dick.

This site is not diminishing. True hobbyists like me will continue to use and enjoy this site. You just a failed commercial builder with a shitty attitude.

But don't worry, just have a few drinks, it will be alright
troublemaker

Post by troublemaker »

Dtrain wrote:
Brazen wrote:I just bought a drag knife for my cnc that's too light. Where do you get the drag knives from? o please o please o please o please tell me haha I need a .250 shank.

Seriously. Please. I will have a case of beer shipped to your house. Carried by cactus' with cowboy hats.

Some people don't have enough time to tinker with tooling, and beg other for knowledge. They just want to build. A couple hundreds bucks is nothing in the long run, if it is gonna work fluently and has a warranty etc.

I truly believe you are a wealth of knowledge but your a dick.

This site is not diminishing. True hobbyists like me will continue to use and enjoy this site. You just a failed commercial builder with a shitty attitude.

But don't worry, just have a few drinks, it will be alright

I agree
Last edited by troublemaker on Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

I'm with Brett on this. The Donek cutter does look awesome, there's no argument there at all. But I can't justify the cost. I too took a carbide drill blank (I think it was actually $8?), and spent about 5 minutes grinding the tip into a blade shape.
MBsnow

Post by MBsnow »

I just picked one up! I haven't had enough time to use it though, looks like a well designed tool.