New controller

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

troublemaker

New controller

Post by troublemaker »

Built a single PID with two outputs 220VAC.

sammer

Post by sammer »

1/4" jacks for outputs to blankets?
Is that what I'm seeing?
whats the amperage rating of a 1/4" jack?

Over all a really clean build.
One day....

sam
You don't even have a legit signature, nothing to reveal who you are and what you do...

Best of luck to you. (uneva)
troublemaker

Post by troublemaker »

Yea, I was also concerned the first time I tried it. I have ran my highest amp mat for 4 hours (12amp), and the connections were barely warm. Im always looking for new methods for building stuff, when I find something thats works and looks better I'll try it for sure. Just having a cord hanging out the box works, but it just looks bad. I have an idea of what I want to try next I just have to find one that can handle 15amp.
powderho

Post by powderho »

One PID controller to control 2 heat pads.......with one TC? What am I missing here?
troublemaker

Post by troublemaker »

powderho wrote:One PID controller to control 2 heat pads.......with one TC? What am I missing here?
I know, I know! That's what the guy wanted, One PID, two SSR's, two mats, one thermocouple, 240VAC. I tried to get him to get another PID, but he didn't want to.
powderho

Post by powderho »

troublemaker wrote:
powderho wrote:One PID controller to control 2 heat pads.......with one TC? What am I missing here?
I know, I know! That's what the guy wanted, One PID, two SSR's, two mats, one thermocouple, 240VAC. I tried to get him to get another PID, but he didn't want to.
If I put one TC on the top cassette piece towards the tip or tail, the middle of the bottom heat pad would be 50-100 degrees different. They are going to have to figure out the perfect spot for that TC and then ramp super slowly. Not ideal.
troublemaker

Post by troublemaker »

powderho wrote:
troublemaker wrote:
If I put one TC on the top cassette piece towards the tip or tail, the middle of the bottom heat pad would be 50-100 degrees different. They are going to have to figure out the perfect spot for that TC and then ramp super slowly. Not ideal.
yeap