Ski Press and Cores for Sale - Vermont

For non-commerical sales of materials, equipment, and resources related to ski/snowboard building

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

GreenState

Ski Press and Cores for Sale - Vermont

Post by GreenState »

Long story short, my friend and I were going to build skis. He got a divorce, my life changed, and I've got a badass ski press in my garage that's not getting used and I don't see it getting used by me. So it needs to go to a good home where it will be loved and do what it was built to do.

I'll start off by saying that this is pretty overbuilt. Not bridge beams like some guys on here have used, but it's not flimsy. It was built for 40 psi on the whole structure with no deflection. The area the form sits is a steel plate that is dead flat. My guess on weight is 600+ lbs. without any forms/hose/etc. It was welded by a professional welder with a MIG welder the size of a truck engine. This was not a quick or inexpensive project.

The form can be shimmed to created various degrees of positive or negative camber and the tip and tail forms can be changed out as well as the center section for varying length skis. The steel track is strung together on cables. The casters are super heavy duty and can handle the weight of the press. The hose is sealed on one end, you can choose where you clamp the other. Includes a valve for getting air into the hose. I've got several feet of edge material I'll include as well.

Also for sale are a few ski blanks of various sizes. All vertical grain top quality hardwoods glued up with Titebond waterproof and planed to matching thickness. One pair is poplar, the other is fir. I have a single maple one, but I may keep that for another project.

Asking $1,200 for the press/form/hose/track/stand. $50 each for the blanks.

These are the only imperfections:

nrgboards

Post by nrgboards »

PM sent
gketcham

Post by gketcham »

How much does it cost to ship a press to CO?
sammer

Post by sammer »

Probably the old adage "If you have to ask you can't afford it" fits here. ;)

sam
You don't even have a legit signature, nothing to reveal who you are and what you do...

Best of luck to you. (uneva)
Dr. Delam

Post by Dr. Delam »

gketcham wrote:How much does it cost to ship a press to CO?
Probably more than it is to build one.
Jekul

Post by Jekul »

I had some cores built in CA and shipped to CO. Cost was ~$70.

Shipped a pair of fat sticks back to CA, UPS charged 50 bones. They claimed a majority of the cost was b/c they were oversized.
wicked

Post by wicked »

how wide are the tracks? Looking to use it for boards not skis. And where in VT?