[feeler] VDS group buy

For non-commerical sales of materials, equipment, and resources related to ski/snowboard building

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

ben_mtl

Post by ben_mtl »

MontuckyMadman wrote:Am I invisable? See the link I posted. If you want 6 or 12 inch wide min order is around 600 bucks. Yes cdw has 75meter rols for 50bucks. If thats all you want you should go to cdw.
Most of us want the wider material.
No you're not, sorry if I had to summerize... not much sleep, lots of reading on different subjects... memory has a hard time !
If you're asking because in the other topic there was a contact info, I PMed Jekul to check if the contact was the same...

I've sent a few e-mails.. I'll let you now what's going on.
I would be more interested in narrow stuff for myself but if there's an easy way of splitting a wide roll into smaller ones I can live with the 12in wide VDS...
A bad day skiing is always better than a good one at work...
amidnightproject

Post by amidnightproject »

direct from Haberkorn

Hello Chris!

Thank you for your interest in our products.

We are pleased to quote the following:

art. 149894
rubberfoil A1468 prepared for bonding
0,2 mm x 340 mm
black
EUR 508,00 / 100 m
in stock: abt. 1000 m (subject to prior sale)
smallest sales unit: abt. 140 m

minimum order quantity: abt. 2000 m
delivery time: abt. 8 weeks

delivery: ex works Wolfurt (Austria)
payment: in advance, net by bank transfer

We are looking forward to receiving your order.
so at EUR 508 per 100M and a min order of 2000m you do the math. This is for 12" material. Waiting on a response on the current cost of 1"

But like Montucky said, if all any of you need is one roll of 1" just call CDW...
ben_mtl

Post by ben_mtl »

Holy sh*t ! 10 grant minimum order (actually closer to 13-14 grant considering the change rate).. not including shipping !
hum, I'll wait for my answers but that is too much so I feel confortable dealing with it...
amidnightproject

ben_mtl wrote:Holy sh*t ! 10 grant minimum order (actually closer to 13-14 grant considering the change rate).. not including shipping !
hum, I'll wait for my answers but that is too much so I feel confortable dealing with it...
It's more then I can afford for sure. If we could somehow gather the money I don't mind handling the transaction but holyf$#k 10k??

Not to mention the possible 8 week turn around...

I'll stick with CDW for now.
amidnightproject

We are pleased to quote the following:

art. 138592
rubberfoil A1468 prepared for bonding
0,2 mm x 25 mm
black
EUR 38,00 / 100 m
in stock: abt. 5000 m (subject to prior sale)
smallest sales unit: abt. 1300 m

minimum order quantity: abt. 15000 m
delivery time: abt. 8 weeks

delivery: ex works Wolfurt (Austria)
payment: in advance, net by bank transfer

We are looking forward to receiving your order.

Kind regards
min order of 15,000m...
ben_mtl

Post by ben_mtl »

that would be 5700 euros (±7500 US$) + whatever the shipping is.

38euros/roll roughly equals 50 US$, shipping from europe is more expensive that directly from the US.. not to mention the money transfer thing...
the rolls from CDW are only 75m long though but I think it's still a better option for us as it's less of a assle... for those who don't need 12in wide stuff...
amidnightproject

ben_mtl wrote:that would be 5700 euros (±7500 US$) + whatever the shipping is.

38euros/roll roughly equals 50 US$, shipping from europe is more expensive that directly from the US.. not to mention the money transfer thing...
the rolls from CDW are only 75m long though but I think it's still a better option for us as it's less of a assle... for those who don't need 12in wide stuff...
Yea I agree with you. I don't need the 12" stuff. I just want it haha. I really just want to try a few things I learned from impact testing and see what I can do with different layup variations to alleviate stress cracking. Also, laying in 4-8 small strips in the tip of each ski gets annoying. I'll be fine with the small stuff but like you said, CDW still seems like the better option after everything is all said and done.
ben_mtl

Post by ben_mtl »

OK I got something.
I can source the 12in VDS at $4.65/m... I've no info regarding a minimal order yet but the question has been asked, as well as a possible discount depending on quantity...
It's in North America so money transfer is not an issue anymore + shipping is less of an issue too !

The 1in VDS was very expensive at this place (0.81$/m)... at that price I don't mind having the 12in and using an x-acto knife !

I'll keep you posted.
Ben
Last edited by ben_mtl on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
ben_mtl

Post by ben_mtl »

Just got an answer, discount based on quantity starts at 5000m.. so I guess no discount is what we'll get...
$4.65/m is a pretty good price though -» 465$/100m roll

for someone like me who's gonna cut 3/4" strips, 1 roll represents more than 200 pairs of skis ! (roughly based on a 180cm ski...)
chrismp

Post by chrismp »

do they have a branch in europe as well?
amidnightproject

ben_mtl wrote:Just got an answer, discount based on quantity starts at 5000m.. so I guess no discount is what we'll get...
$4.65/m is a pretty good price though -» 465$/100m roll

for someone like me who's gonna cut 3/4" strips, 1 roll represents more than 200 pairs of skis ! (roughly based on a 180cm ski...)
Dude I'm in. Anyway you an email details?

chris@volitionskico.com

Been gone for a few days and come back to good news! :D
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

WhT@ the story on this?
sammer wrote: I'm still a tang on top guy.
teleman36

vds

Post by teleman36 »

I can take 200 to 250 dollars worth of any color and width buy. will follow thread to see what shakes out. I use wide sizes for tip and tail applications and 30mm for sidewall to core assemblies.
teleman36

vds

Post by teleman36 »

Sorry, Me bad. Just realized this thread was older than I had thought. Was looking at only January posts and was thinking I was still in last month. Been a hectic few months lately. PM me if anything is still available.