2005 ShopBot PRT Alhpha

For non-commerical sales of materials, equipment, and resources related to ski/snowboard building

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

MBsnow

2005 ShopBot PRT Alhpha

Post by MBsnow »

I am selling my 4'x8' 2005 Shopbot PRT Alpha CNC with 3 1/4 HP Porter Cable Router. This machine has served my shop well over the last few years, and I am unfortunately ready to move on from snowboard building. This machine has been fitted with a custom designed vacuum plenum for holding down ski and snowboard cores, along with a jig I have designed for cutting Durasurf inlays and bases. The machine also comes with Partwizard operating software and you are welcome to my proprietary designs. Purchase this machine and take out all the R & D guess work, start where I left off. This system comes with a complete 220v dust collection system and corresponding hoses. This is an amazing machine with great tech support provided by shopbot. I am asking $6000.00 OBO. Feel free to call Ryan @ 719 331 6340 for more information and photos.
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

is this machine gantry and table in any way modular that it could be a 2' x 8'?
sammer wrote: I'm still a tang on top guy.
MBsnow

Post by MBsnow »

Its possible with a chop saw and welder. It would be a decent amount of fabricating. You would kill any resale value by chopping the Y axis down to 2'.
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

is this all 110V or 220?
What are the linear motion types, ball screw, rack and pinion, chain drive?
can you post some pictures?
sammer wrote: I'm still a tang on top guy.
petemorgan(pmoskico)

Post by petemorgan(pmoskico) »

PM sent
MBsnow

Post by MBsnow »

It can be wired to run either 220v or 110v. The dust collector must be 220v. It is rack and pinion. Rack and Pinion is pretty standard for CNC routers at this price point and with the typical tolerances for core building.

Petemorgan
The PRT Alpha uses the old Shop Bot box style gantry where the router rides inside the frame of the gantry versus the PRS where the router rides externally on the more traditional style gantry.
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

Sean @ donek has a PRT that's been in operation for many years, all day, every day.

shopbots are tough, even old ones
Doug
MBsnow

Post by MBsnow »

Yes they are! I haven't had so much as a peep out of mine, except for the occasional human error.
olie25

Post by olie25 »

been using a shotbot for 2 years, had my issues with the thing but for and off the rack 4x8 unit the price is hard to beat. just got done with an auto tool change and universal vac install on it!
olie25

Post by olie25 »

On that note I have a 2.2hp spindle, wiring and Yaskawa variable frequency drive and ShopBot rpm controller if any one is interested? got a 5hp unit with the tool changer