any try Crowns new Duravision top sheet

For discussions related to the type of materials to build skis/snowboards and where to get them.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

olie25

any try Crowns new Duravision top sheet

Post by olie25 »

just wondering if anyone has played around with this new TPU material from crown.

http://www.crownplastics.com/catalog/pr ... cts_id=476

thanks
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

i got a sample... it appears to be nearly identical in look and feel to the iso clear that miller studio has
Doug
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

I think your confused.
THis is a tpu, its almost exactly like the socrep tpu but twice as thick which is a huge improvement and for the cost jts good stuff but the nylon is still clearer and tougher, I pressed a sample side by side.
For the best quality its the nylon if you are doing production runs or demos the crown tpu is a nice alternative.
sammer wrote: I'm still a tang on top guy.
goneskiing

Post by goneskiing »

Hey whats the scoop on that socrep? i have a friend that was using it last week but i didn't go too far into it with him. when i looked further into it it seems like it can be tougher and have a nicer finish, but that the coating on it would actually wear with time. i got the impression if it was something where you were buying in bulk and didn't use it for a long time you might lose some of the benefits of it.

i'm going to order the duravision with my next order and i figured it would be like the iso sport top sheets. since i'm going for the super light factor though maybe i outta try out the socrep?

(and by the way montucky, thanks for the advice last week, you were dead on about the crimping in my composites. problem solved!)