Juke 2013/2014

Document your personal work here. Show photos, movies, and share your secrets.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

LifeisRiding

Post by LifeisRiding »

So how have things been going with the Mogul so far?

I am seriously considering one of these but I have some reservations as many before me have....

@amidnightproject You said you ordered one last sept, how has your been for you? What size did you buy?

There is this ridiculous website that was created by someone who I think based on the amount of content could be argued to have a screw loose himself.

http://cncmogulsucks.com/

He also address the "stolen" software issue. A few commented earlier in this thread how unbelievable it is that the CNC came with Aspire. Currently on the mogul website they say the machine comes with no software.

Thoughts anyone?
amidnightproject

Post by amidnightproject »

LifeisRiding wrote:So how have things been going with the Mogul so far?

I am seriously considering one of these but I have some reservations as many before me have....

@amidnightproject You said you ordered one last sept, how has your been for you? What size did you buy?

There is this ridiculous website that was created by someone who I think based on the amount of content could be argued to have a screw loose himself.

http://cncmogulsucks.com/

He also address the "stolen" software issue. A few commented earlier in this thread how unbelievable it is that the CNC came with Aspire. Currently on the mogul website they say the machine comes with no software.

Thoughts anyone?
Honestly, There are roughly 300 users in the private facebook group and no one seems to have any of those horrible issues.

Yes, if you yard on the z axis the machine will deflect. He also doesn't have the gantry upgrade in that animated gif to help stiffen things up.

I gotta say, even though I've had a few issues (burnt out power supply, static issues and phantom limit pulses) I like the machine. It does what it is supposed to do and it didn't cost me 8k.

All in all I'm happy with it. I have the 3x8 machine.
LifeisRiding

Post by LifeisRiding »

Amidnightprject, Thanks for the reply.

Seems like its a worthy investment for the price. Can you speak at all to the software you received with the unit?
spyderxxx

Try 2 rail sweep

Post by spyderxxx »

[quote="JukeSnowboarding"]@MontuckyMadman I have no idea if this is the best way to go about this, but for my first time trying to profile the core I used this flute cut.

This was something I just did really quickly so the measurements do not line up, but I figured out where I wanted my profile to occur then drew a line. After that I used the multiple array tool. This allowed me to copy my line and also set the spacing so that the bit I was using would overlap cuts.
Not sure if 2 rail sweep is supported by Aspire 3 but it is in version 4. Vectric has very good tutorials online and an active forum. Don't try to join if the software is pirated.

Ed

Then I chose the flute depth and correct tool, and ramped over the length of my lines to get a consistent cut to the nose and tail.

Im not sure if that gives you a better idea. And I am open to any and all suggestions, I was trying to see if the machine could do a profile and this was the method I came up with.

Also idk if any of you will find this helpful, but Sean over at Donek shared this with me and it has helped me understand varying bit information.
amidnightproject

Post by amidnightproject »

LifeisRiding wrote:Amidnightprject, Thanks for the reply.

Seems like its a worthy investment for the price. Can you speak at all to the software you received with the unit?
No software. Just a disc with an install video and pdf instruction booklet.
JukeSnowboarding

Post by JukeSnowboarding »

Quick shot of a board we pressed last week. Enjoying the final day up at Mt. Snow, this is just after the last chair at Carinthia.

Will upload photos and a video of the build soon.
JukeSnowboarding

Was a nice day so decided to cut the flash outside. Every board is getting better and better.

knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

Rad! we need more board builders @ mt snow :)
Doug
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

^ my latest graphic is similar to this last one you cut out :)
Doug
JukeSnowboarding

@knightsofnii Are you gonna be going to Peace Pipe?
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

not sure.... is it on MDW? erm... next weekend?
I have a condo up there, my fiance wants to invite her friends up.
My shred friends will be pissed if i go up and actually do peace pipe without inviting them, LOL.
Doug
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

going up tonite for a 2 day golf camp type thing ;)
Doug
JukeSnowboarding

It is the 24th I believe. Should be fun
JukeSnowboarding

Sorry it is not in HD. This was just the Instagram teaser. Full edit should be finished shortly.

the.quass

Post by the.quass »

Sweet little teaser vid. Looking forwards to seeing the real thing.
I am really jealous of your mogul cnc.