JR (Gumby)

Document your personal work here. Show photos, movies, and share your secrets.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Gumby

Post by Gumby »

Been a while since posting. Here are a couple I have made over the last month. The snowboard veneer pattern was done by my daughter.

Skis are bamboo core and bamboo sidewalls, 19oz triax full length carbon top and bottom with fairly thin core making them medium flex but quite a lot of pop. 168 with fair bit of camber and small amount of early rise and taper. Mounted 20mm from centre.

Board is 157 bamboo core,PU sidewalls with black pigment. Two 80mm carbon stringers top and bottom. 19oz triax with a very thin core, true twin with early rise camber under feet and rocker in centre.
gav wa

Post by gav wa »

Nice work mate, looks like you got a sweet finish on top of that veneer, well done. Is it spar?

Interesting camber profile, those camber sections are super short, have you ridden it yet?
The tips and tail look a bit heavy though, whats your core dimensions?
Gumby

Post by Gumby »

Bad pic I suppose the core dimensions are 2.1 5.3 2.1 core is thin clear topsheet over veneer. I will be doing one this week with no topsheet. Have a board for my son with the same camber profile just thicker core and he absolutely loved it.
Akiwi

Post by Akiwi »

I agree they look pretty awesome!
I am nobody. Nobody's perfect, so I must be perfect.