Quality heat blankets found/cheap!!!!

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Dtrain

Quality heat blankets found/cheap!!!!

Post by Dtrain »

So after seeing MM make a couple posts about chineese heat blankets, I had to look. All I found was Alibaba and a minimum of big number orders.

I just found a reputable, English speaking company that specualizes in different heaters. Stuff looks quality.

Quoted 179usd for 17"x80" 220v/3000w
J type thermocouple end mounted with powerleads.

Price comes down to a yet to be determined amount if I purchase a total of 5.
I would buy two backups for myself If I can find 2 more guys(preferably Canadian) that want 2 each. Let's do this!
MadRussian

Post by MadRussian »

While I didn't need blankets but looking at your specifications 3000 W is way too much. Even 2000w more than we ever need. If they making blankets for your specifications 2000 could be cheaper
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas A. Edison
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

http://m.alirubber.en.alibaba.com/index.html

These folks do whatever you want. Send a drawing specifieing size shape and lead location, wattage, voltage and amperage desired.

Good luck.
sammer wrote: I'm still a tang on top guy.
Gumby

Post by Gumby »

Bought mine from china 2.2kw each(Bought 2) paid $160USD ea. No issues with them at all, for the price was well worth it.

Oh measurements are 2200mm x 410mm
gav wa

Post by gav wa »

Gumby wrote:Bought mine from china 2.2kw each(Bought 2) paid $160USD ea. No issues with them at all, for the price was well worth it.

Have you got a link for these mate. Thats close to home made build price.

Anyone in Australia need someone to add to their order let me know. :)

Has anybody tried the etched foil type heaters? They look pretty good but are they durable?
IslandRider

Re: Quality heat blankets found/cheap!!!!

Post by IslandRider »

Dtrain wrote:I would buy two backups for myself If I can find 2 more guys(preferably Canadian) that want 2 each. Let's do this!
I'm down if the size makes sense. My press is only 14" wide so 17" wide blanket would be a problem. Ideally I'd be after 14x80 or so and 1.5-2kW. I can work up drawings etc to send if they'll do custom and we can make a size that works for more than just me.
climberman

Post by climberman »

gav wa wrote:
Gumby wrote:Bought mine from china 2.2kw each(Bought 2) paid $160USD ea. No issues with them at all, for the price was well worth it.

Have you got a link for these mate. Thats close to home made build price.

Anyone in Australia need someone to add to their order let me know. :)

Has anybody tried the etched foil type heaters? They look pretty good but are they durable?
YES, definately interested, I was looking to do exactly the measurements gumby noted - 2200mm x 410mm. Well done gumby, I kept just finding the alibaba minimum order stuff.
sammer

Post by sammer »

Montuckys link might have been a bit confusing as nobody has acknowledged it.
but I've bookmarked it for the future.
http://alirubber.en.alibaba.com/product ... signs.html

Thanks montucky.

Dtrain, If I wasn't cash poor right now I would be interested.

sam
You don't even have a legit signature, nothing to reveal who you are and what you do...

Best of luck to you. (uneva)
OAC

Post by OAC »

Here's another good one:
http://jymydq.en.alibaba.com/
Didn't take them more than 10 days to produce and send it to Sweden!
Custom sized: 1800mm*350mm, 2kW, <130°C
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

I know right like im invisable.?
I did a 2000mmx340mm 4kw 220v blanket for sublimation it was $120usd shipped to my door in less than 10 days dilevered. Its like a ton of elves just waiting for you to say go!!!
sammer wrote: I'm still a tang on top guy.
OAC

Post by OAC »

MontuckyMadman wrote:I know right like im invisable.?
I did a 2000mmx340mm 4kw 220v blanket for sublimation it was $120usd shipped to my door in less than 10 days dilevered. Its like a ton of elves just waiting for you to say go!!!
:D
Gumby

Post by Gumby »

www.yuhengheating.com was who i used but found them on alibaba. Dont be turned away by minimum buys often they will be more flexible than there adds say. Also most will do custom jobs just question the person you are dealing with. took 8 messages back and forth to get what I wanted then received the blankets 9 days after payment.
IslandRider

Post by IslandRider »

MontuckyMadman wrote:Its like a ton of elves just waiting for you to say go!!!
This is perfect
mikic1

Post by mikic1 »

how would they do in a press after few years of usage?

I had MEI for some years, using them in a press quite often, and after few years they were still like new, I was so happy with them....do you think these are as durable?

I need also one, however I am bit reluctant...
IslandRider

Post by IslandRider »

MontuckyMadman wrote:I did a 2000mmx340mm 4kw 220v blanket for sublimation it was $120usd
Montucky, why so much juice? I just got a quote on the same size and same price, but now I'm wondering about what wattage to go with. Would prefer to stick to 110 and had been thinking ~2kW would be fine for layups and still run on a reasonable sized breaker. Not doing any sublimation yet, but its something I'd like to get into, do I need way more jam to heat up fast enough, or will 2kW get me there if I want to try it down the road?

Or should I drop the idea of using the same blanket for both right now since they're so cheap and get a higher power one specifically for sub if I get to that point?