heating blankets Europe?

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

BigG

heating blankets Europe?

Post by BigG »

Is there anyone who knows where or how to get a heating blanket solution in Europe?

BigG
plywood

Re: heating blankets Europe?

Post by plywood »

just look at my posts on the "journals - log your ski building process" under "plywood`s ride".

i just started with a description of my heating solutions, more detailed infos will follow. maybe my way of heating will help you.
plywood freeride industries - go ply, ride wood!
BigG

Post by BigG »

I had a look at the following german topic and it seems it is difficult to get it evenly heated.

http://www.r-g.de/german/viewtopic.php?topic=10&forum=2

BigG
plywood

Post by plywood »

i just read some posts on the forum you linked to.

well, their main problem seems to be the connection of the several carbon rovings to a bundle. i have to say that i got this problem too on my old heatingsheet. on the ends of the rovings, where i connected them with a brass wire, i got a higher temperature. on the forum they explained this effect with higher resistor on the transfer of carbon to messing.

so i tried to reduce this effect on my new heating. if it works i can`t say yet...but i think it`s impossible to fully reduce this effect. but this effect with the higher temperatures just occures on the ends of your heating sheet. so if you construct your heating sheet long enought you don`t have to worry about this. just add 10cm on each side and the ends with the higher temperature will be far away of the skis.

and the whole thing with evenly heated... i don`t think that there are big differences of temperature along the sheet (except of the ends, as written above). and even if the sheet wouldn`t heat exactely evenly...there are so many factors that level out the unbalance - and its impossible to heat the whole layed-up ski evenly because of the profiled core which will avert an equal expansion of the heat.
plywood freeride industries - go ply, ride wood!