Temperature Timer

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

switzch

Post by switzch »

Just look on ebay for a PID controller that has ramp function. Usually comes with 10-50 points for a program at different temperatures (ramping up and down) I have two in my heat controller for top and bottom. Only caution is that the Chinese instruction manuals are a pain to figure out.
winter is coming..
motoman

Post by motoman »

switzch wrote:Just look on ebay for a PID controller that has ramp function. Usually comes with 10-50 points for a program at different temperatures (ramping up and down) I have two in my heat controller for top and bottom. Only caution is that the Chinese instruction manuals are a pain to figure out.
It is said that this one has ramp function but no word about points for program. http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Programm ... eb201560_1
motoman

Post by motoman »

Does rump function allows to program automatic increasing of temperature? I mean that my epoxy has such curing conditions: start at 60 degrees than each minute increase temperature on 3 degrees until it reaches 80 degrees.
Akiwi

Post by Akiwi »

motoman wrote:Does rump function allows to program automatic increasing of temperature? I mean that my epoxy has such curing conditions: start at 60 degrees than each minute increase temperature on 3 degrees until it reaches 80 degrees.
Exactly.
I read a good explination at West Contriol Solutions:
http://blog.west-cs.com/blog/understand ... re-control
E.g.
and
I am nobody. Nobody's perfect, so I must be perfect.
motoman

Post by motoman »

Nice explanation. Are you going to buy stuff from that company or you just use it for information?
Akiwi

Post by Akiwi »

motoman wrote:Nice explanation. Are you going to buy stuff from that company or you just use it for information?
At the moment just information.
I am nobody. Nobody's perfect, so I must be perfect.