Section8 - THE413

So, did they work, and how were they? Show everyone proof that your ride was a success (or even a complete failure)!

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

skidesmond

Section8 - THE413

Post by skidesmond »

The build thread:
http://www.skibuilders.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4917

I call this ski THE413, 413 is the area code for Western Mass. (btw - I also have THE802 for Vermont)

Finally got to ski on THE413 today. Went to Mt Snow Vt. Conditions weren't as bad as I expected, mostly man made snow. The northeast hasn't gotten any natural snow fall yet this season. Depressing. It was foggy/drizzly when we arrived and the fog/drizzle never lifted. There was way more people than I expected! The 6 person bubble chair had 20-30 min wait. The fog/crowd certainly hampered me from putting the gas pedal down.

When the fog cleared in a few spots and I could see the terrain, I was able to crank out a few speed carving turns. The skis held the line with ease on the snow/ice fantastic. Great holding power at speed and very responsive. Good rebound due to carbon Fiber but not overly as to cause you to be thrown off balance. When doing slow carving turns, the firm tail took some work to bring the ski around. Slow sliding turns were easy to perform. There was a few bumps and they handled those well due to the more rounded tail. The only thing I might change is to soften the tail just a bit by thinning the wood core. I think the Flax/Carbon Fiber mix works great and will more than likely stick with that combo from now on.

Looking forward to spending more time on them.

Overall 2 thumbs up!

Here's some ski pics: