our press (pics)

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

East_Coast_Style

our press (pics)

Post by East_Coast_Style »

so we have been working this summer on getting a press together, and this is what we have got.

this was the first time we actually ran it. unfortunatly, we didnt have complete control over the I Beam structure, or else it would have been much burlier. we figured wed have alot of deflection, and yup, we sure did, and that pic is only around 30 PSI. we are planning on adding center reinforcements, however they have to allow the press to be opened and accessed. the 1 idea i had was building a structure on the outside of the top and bottom beam that extended out beyond the sides of the mold. wrapped around that would be a HEAVY duty chain(s) tightened with a chain winch. Good idea? any others?

(PS, that setup there is kinda jurry rigged lol. there wont be any voids between the beam and molds under full pressure)

oh yea, you guys like the tip spacer adjustment? it works like a charm, and locks in any size ski, from 130-230!
Buuk

Post by Buuk »

I am getting a bit scared while seeing the deflection of your beams :?
Please watch out while using this press frame!

Tip adjustment is looking good!

Buuk
Make things as simple as possible, but not too simple
zachjowi

Post by zachjowi »

nice looking press. if you could resize your pictures to be smaller that would be great